Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Anyone been outside yet?

(40 Posts)
Urmstongran Sat 12-Oct-19 10:37:55

Well done Riverwalk! You’ll be feeling so pleased now you’ve done it.

Jane10 Sat 12-Oct-19 10:36:24

I'm up but not dressed. I'll go for a walk this afternoon. I quite enjoy it but do feel a bit daft striding out on my own. I've recently been listening to old Goon shows on my headphones as I walk. Occasionally, I can't help laughing out loud. I hate to think what passers by think of this strange laughing woman.

tanith Sat 12-Oct-19 10:04:19

I’ve been up since 7 went out to get the paper it was drizzling but as I was out I took a walk across the park home. I get bored on long walks so try to take 2 shorter ones.

Riverwalk Sat 12-Oct-19 10:04:17

Well I managed 70 minutes and now home having a cup of tea and contemplating paperwork/housework, but then again ....

NanKate it doesn't have to be 90 minutes but I aim for at least 60. I have some errands to do later so assuming it's not pouring down will get in another hour or so.

Walking beats the gym any day, IMO, and it's free smile

I hope no lazy moos are still in bed shock

Beckett Sat 12-Oct-19 08:42:05

Urmstongran I had my flu jab last week - not even a sore arm this year!

Time for me to get up, have a leisurely breakfast and then decide what to do for the rest of the day

Urmstongran Sat 12-Oct-19 08:33:42

Beckett ??

I’m giving myself 15 more minutes (but that’s only because I have to get out for my ‘flu jab, otherwise ....)

NanKate Sat 12-Oct-19 08:31:53

Morning River why does the walk have to be 90 minutes? I regularly do a 20- 30 minute brisk walk and feel better for it.

My attitude to rainy days changed some years ago. I had a friend who was in the last stages of her life, she phoned a number of her friends one wet, miserable day and said she felt a bit better and would we come round for a cuppa. I walked through a heavy downpour to her house and as I contemplated the situation I thought aren’t I the lucky one to be fit and well and walking even if it is raining. So I bought myself some waterproof over trousers and have never looked back.

Beckett Sat 12-Oct-19 08:31:35

Urmstongran Me too! Was beginning to think I was the only one blush

merlotgran Sat 12-Oct-19 08:30:21

I have to defrost the kitchen freezer today which means numerous trips across the yard to the chest freezer in DH's workshop. I really CBA but must get dressed and get on with it.

Loislovesstewie Sat 12-Oct-19 08:27:30

Just got back from walking the dog. I think that counts.

Urmstongran Sat 12-Oct-19 08:25:51

Gabriella is out somewhere - she’s gone for her morning run! Well done that woman. I’m on here still in bed ....
?

Riverwalk Sat 12-Oct-19 08:16:32

Well opening the curtains is a start grin

BlueBelle Sat 12-Oct-19 08:16:18

Been out in the garden don’t know if that counts

Willow500 Sat 12-Oct-19 07:59:24

I've been up since 5 but have only just opened the curtains - I certainly haven't been outside yet as I'm still in my pjs grin

Riverwalk Sat 12-Oct-19 07:57:04

Letting the dog out for a pee doesn't count!

I really need to get off my bum and do a brisk 90 minute walk but it's such a miserable drizzly morning out there and my body is reluctant but brain, such as it is, tells me I must.

Oh, decisions!