Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

need female friends to meet up with

(31 Posts)
meet Thu 17-Oct-19 21:06:24

I am 60 and very lonely, desperate to make friends that I can go shopping with or just meet up for lunch. I was working until recently but since than have lost touch with all work colleagues.I think its easier for men as they just meet in the pub.I have tried online groups but that did not help- I feel like giving up- please advice.

moo1 Sat 26-Oct-19 19:53:20

Hi whereabouts are you? I am looking to meet new people.

meet Wed 30-Oct-19 18:11:04

I am in Epsom,Surrey.

kaycee Thu 31-Oct-19 16:41:07

Hi meet - did you get to go to the meet up in Ewell Court Garden Centre today or is that too far? If not I am sure they will be having another one - their details are on the Meet ups/where are you forum page. Worth contacting them.
Good luck

Eileen1911 Fri 22-Nov-19 11:04:31

I was in exactly the same situation as you are now. I have always been interested in Art, I had bought a few paints and had starting to paint. I then joined an Art class and have now a great bunch of like minded friends. There are four of us that meet up regularly doing various things. We are determent to never lose touch. My phone has pinged as I type, one of our group.
I would highly recommend you join a group or a class that piques your interest and hopefully you find yourself with a lovely group of friend as I have done. Best Luck .

Thisisme Sat 11-Jul-20 10:31:51

@meet, if you are still looking for new friends, I'd like to arrange something. I'm ready to go out again after lockdown, are you?