Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

need female friends to meet up with

(30 Posts)
NanKate Thu 17-Oct-19 23:31:25

I agree with annie I’ve some great friends in the WI. We go on trips, to pubs for lunch, have Xmas parties, play Rummykub, craft and chat, book club, you name it we do it. ?

MiniMoon Thu 17-Oct-19 22:42:45

I made friends by going to my local Knit & Natter group.
Your local library will be able to tell you about groups in your area.

anniezzz09 Thu 17-Oct-19 22:18:12

I can highly recommend the WI. It is the most fantastic organisation, you will be welcomed with open arms.

Elegran Thu 17-Oct-19 21:28:23

There are lots of little local groups of Gransnetters who meet for lunch and a chat, meet. If you go to www.gransnet.com/forums/meet_ups_where_are_you you will find links to the threads (conversations) where they arrange things. Click on one near where you live and take it from there. If there is no-one meeting near you, start a thread yourself - be sure to put the area in the title of it, so that it catches the eye of posters living nearby.

meet Thu 17-Oct-19 21:06:24

I am 60 and very lonely, desperate to make friends that I can go shopping with or just meet up for lunch. I was working until recently but since than have lost touch with all work colleagues.I think its easier for men as they just meet in the pub.I have tried online groups but that did not help- I feel like giving up- please advice.