Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Fairy lights in a bottle. How?

(32 Posts)
GrannyLaine Sun 05-Jan-20 18:54:41

Ha! crossed a few posts here.....

GrannyLaine Sun 05-Jan-20 18:53:53

You can buy tiny strings of lights attached to a rubber cork with tiny batteries. You should be able to find them quite easily on Amazon & I've seen them in most garden centres this year. Google bottle lights.

bikergran Sun 05-Jan-20 18:53:34

Urmstongran you can but the micro lights and they have a little cork shaped battery pack, they slip/sit inside the neck of the bottle.

Have a look on Amazon/Ebay . think they have them across at Oswaltwistle mills near me.

I would buy from reputable place.they sell the bottle in our £1 shop complete with the lights.But not sure about he quality of the lights if you wanted to put them in your own bottle.

tanith Sun 05-Jan-20 18:53:27

I bought some tiny lights in Tesco sale they are battery fed and would easily fit in a bottle. I’ll post a pic in a sec.

aggie Sun 05-Jan-20 18:52:21

You buy lights on a battery specially for bottles

Iam64 Sun 05-Jan-20 18:48:20

Nope - anything complicated, electrical and or technical gives me the heebie jeebies. I've kept out two lots of fairy lights and draped them (artistically of course) over a couple of mirrors and book shelves. WE need all the light we can get . If anyone comes up with a good idea Urmstongran, I'll have a try, it sounds lovely

Urmstongran Sun 05-Jan-20 18:39:26

Hi everyone - help please!

I have a lovely bottle that I’d like to put fairy lights in. Has anyone done this? I thought it would be simple. Buy some lights and push them down the neck.

Then I looked on YouTube! Drilling a hole (!) in the bottom of a glass bottle to thread the lights through?

No way José that sounds too risky for me!

Has anyone done this? Battery? A plug?

Thank you!