Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What is your favourite Gransnet conversation?

(128 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 05-Feb-20 09:56:11

We'd love to put together a page of Gransnet Classics - the threads that still make you smile when you think back on them, were just simply ridiculous, moved you in some way or that simply sum up what it is to be on Gransnet. They can be old or recent, long or short, but it would be great to find out which ones you loved best.

A link would be great but if you don't have it a description of the conversation should be fine and we'll see if we can find it. grin

Marydoll Wed 05-Feb-20 16:07:54

I love the Argy too and even better when Soop visited. grin. We tried so hard to lead her astray, but she remained true to the values of the Kitchen. grin.

When I first joined there was a Write a fairy tale thread.
I used to sit at night, with tears of laughter running down my face. Some good friends were made on that thread.

gillybob Wed 05-Feb-20 16:07:55

I love those threads that start off quite serious and then dissolve into complete silliness . Sometimes I laugh out loud reading them . There have been So many good ones over the years .

Jessity Wed 05-Feb-20 16:27:14

I love Phoenix on how to cook the Christmas gammon

MissAdventure Wed 05-Feb-20 16:34:29

There was a spate of threads replacing words in books, films, songs..
Thomas the wank engine springs to mind, from someone. shock

Greyduster Wed 05-Feb-20 16:49:24

?Sorry Matron! I’ll go and roll some bandages immediately, Matron!?

mcem Wed 05-Feb-20 18:07:37

From way back when...... the first-ever pantomime and the gathering on Pendle Hill!
Those were the days!

bikergran Wed 05-Feb-20 18:35:55

All the Virtual trips out and parties, with Vodka jellies and inflatable friends smile

pollyperkins Wed 05-Feb-20 18:44:16

As well as funny ones I’ve enjoyed the nostalgia ones - what books we read, what games we played, clothes we wore etc back in the day.

Urmstongran Wed 05-Feb-20 19:31:55

Ooh yes pollyperkins that one where we all reminisced about when the getting ready to go out - Aqua Manda and Youth Dew perfume, hot pants etc - was as much fun as the actual going out!

Doodle Wed 05-Feb-20 19:42:03

soop’s kitchen is the best in my opinion.
Loved the Argy (it’s spirit continues among the regulars)
The summer jamboree was great fun.
Phoenix is always good for a laugh (if you know what I mean)
Christmas decorations thread and maw’s lights in her bush bring me to tears of laughter every time I think of it.
The good morning thread is good.
Black dog gang a good supportive thread.
That’s my picks ?

Harris27 Wed 05-Feb-20 20:07:35

I agree with pollyperkins I love those threads.

merlotgran Wed 05-Feb-20 20:38:09

It appears lucywinter has been booted out for daring to indulge in a little frivolity.
hmm

DanniRae Wed 05-Feb-20 21:12:34

I also enjoyed the thread about all our wedding dresses - especially if the poster was clever enough to add a photo.

annsixty Wed 05-Feb-20 21:36:29

Lil's bar with the late and very much missed Pete.
I think it had a second incarnation but I can't remember what it was called.

Evie64 Wed 05-Feb-20 21:43:10

So many, it's difficult to choose! I remember one about funny things that children have said which was hilarious. I also liked the one about what we used to wear and I enjoyed the thread I started about your 15 minutes of fame.

Grammaretto Wed 05-Feb-20 23:34:36

I have lots of favourites. Childrens sayings, good morning thread, memory lane. There is always something to read.

annep1 Thu 06-Feb-20 00:39:02

I always enjoy Phoenix's posts. I like the one where she wanted advice in how to transport her hanging basket.
I too liked Things children say.
Some posts are very useful and interesting. I often learn quite a lot in political threads.
But generally I like the lighthearted ones best.
I dislike ones where people are rude and use swear abbreviations.

fatgran57 Thu 06-Feb-20 00:49:54

There was a poster a little while ago who was really funny writing about her husband The Great Dane. I can't remember her user name, may have been claredane? but her posts were a pleasure to read - laugh out loud funny!

Anyone remember her?

Apricity Thu 06-Feb-20 01:00:13

I also loved the thread about the funny things children and grandchildren say.

Auntieflo Thu 06-Feb-20 08:22:03

I am enjoying the Help calm me thread about people moving.
Love Phoenix's threads, always a good read, and of course the Good Morning one.

sodapop Thu 06-Feb-20 08:22:40

I loved the nostalgic ones as well. Phoenix has posted some classics over the years, really made me laugh.

timetogo2016 Thu 06-Feb-20 08:27:31

Backhanded compliments was fab.
But also any that made me LOL and there were many of those.
Thanks Gransnetters.

Marmight Thu 06-Feb-20 08:33:43

Not a thread, but the first Christmas 2011 when we sang a carol (can't even remember which one) and all our faces popped up on the screen as we warbled away ?. Hilarious A case of don’t call us, we’ll call you

Maggiemaybe Thu 06-Feb-20 08:48:55

That one sounds great, Marmight, I’d love to see it! I joined in 2012 so missed out on the fun.

Maggiemaybe Thu 06-Feb-20 08:50:31

Perhaps we could recreate it a la Masked Singer where necessary for the shy ones. grin