Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What is your favourite Gransnet conversation?

(127 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 05-Feb-20 09:56:11

We'd love to put together a page of Gransnet Classics - the threads that still make you smile when you think back on them, were just simply ridiculous, moved you in some way or that simply sum up what it is to be on Gransnet. They can be old or recent, long or short, but it would be great to find out which ones you loved best.

A link would be great but if you don't have it a description of the conversation should be fine and we'll see if we can find it. grin

Urmstongran Wed 05-Feb-20 10:14:15

Oh definitely the one I started asking if, as we couldn’t see one another, could we share our ages? My goodness it resulted in the most wonderful tsunami of replies! Loved it. Thanks to everyone who joined in the fun.
?

winterwhite Wed 05-Feb-20 11:04:56

The recent Gardening post about Spring having sprung (or not). If we were allowed to pick a favourite forum mine would be Gardening, where I 'lurk' as often or not but I find it soothing, informative and fun.

Greyduster Wed 05-Feb-20 11:27:41

The introduction of the Poorly Men’s Ward on Soop’s Kitchen thread. Some of the suggestions for feeding and caring for these chaps, and the criteria for appointing staff and duties were hilarious and would have had poorly men everywhere running for the hills, trailing their bandages behind them!!

lucywinter Wed 05-Feb-20 12:28:27

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

lucywinter Wed 05-Feb-20 12:32:33

Fennel Wed 05-Feb-20 12:34:20

Yes I remember Jings - she was quite a character. smile.
I'll have to think about my favourite, so many.
One that I loved has disappeared, not sure why. It showed photos of most of the current members.

lucywinter Wed 05-Feb-20 12:47:23

lucywinter Wed 05-Feb-20 12:53:14

lucywinter Wed 05-Feb-20 12:54:54

I'll shut up now. Give someone else a chance to post.

I have loved Gransnet over the years.

MissAdventure Wed 05-Feb-20 13:31:18

Not to blow my own trumpet, but I asked what backhanded compliments people had been given, and there were some hilarious ones.
I loved reading that thread.

merlotgran Wed 05-Feb-20 13:40:17

Gardening threads are always a good place for a chuckle

merlotgran Wed 05-Feb-20 13:46:23

Actually, it was in Chat but never mind. grin

DanniRae Wed 05-Feb-20 14:28:31

I fondly remember a thread that started as a simple A-Z of house and garden objects. However, after awhile it became quite amusing with posts like "Swans swimming on the lower lake" and "Marble columns either side of the door to the second best sitting room".

Maggiemaybe Wed 05-Feb-20 15:12:15

There was a very funny thread on the Gransnet Olympics in 2016. I’d love to see some of those daft posts again.

Charleygirl5 Wed 05-Feb-20 15:34:45

Maggiemaybe I remember that thread- I and another GN were strolling, not running the marathon and we were stopping off at a different hotel each night so it took us over a week. I also think we picked up the odd minicab because the distance was so tedious. At that time I was waiting for a knee replacement so in reality, I could walk about 100 yards!

Greyduster excuse me but I was in charge of that ward at one time and the men did recover quickly!

Hetty58 Wed 05-Feb-20 15:41:03

The ones on fashion/makeup/hair are always hilarious. They conjure up detailed images of strange grannies trying to be 'stylish'!

lemongrove Wed 05-Feb-20 15:47:48

The Summer Jamboree (games) A-Z and some of the suggestions are funny and surreal.I mean, why did we need elephants??

annodomini Wed 05-Feb-20 15:48:45

If you want a good laugh, find Phoenix's back catalogue. There was one hilarious one which involved a mishap with a thing and a train journey.... grin

annodomini Wed 05-Feb-20 15:49:14

A thing? NO! A thong!

lemongrove Wed 05-Feb-20 15:49:29

The Argy Bargy Bar ( now defunct) over the years gave some of us endless fun.Who untied George Clooney from the coffee machine?

merlotgran Wed 05-Feb-20 15:51:12

Why have four posts been deleted? shock

lemongrove Wed 05-Feb-20 15:51:15

There was a really good thread ‘what are you eating tonight’
I think it was called, provided some ideas for the evening meal, I wrote out several good recipes from it.

lemongrove Wed 05-Feb-20 15:52:49

There was also another good thread, listing three things you have never done.

Urmstongran Wed 05-Feb-20 15:56:50

4 deleted posts? What have you been saying lucywinter‼️