Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Did you ever have "one of those days?"

(37 Posts)
H1954 Wed 12-Feb-20 10:45:53

Just been to the supermarket with OH. We are both of the opinion now that we are invisible as both of us were run into by other peoples trolleys! Also, why is it that when two or more people who want to stand and have a natter HAVE to stand in everyone's way!? I must also have a very sensitive sense of smell today because I have encountered some real stinkers! That makes me want to direct them to the toiletry and laundry aisle!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 13-Feb-20 12:27:40

Thank you Bradford - today is indeed a better day. The problems remain but I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Surely the average Gransnetter isn't skanky, Jens ? I should hope not. I think standards have improved over the years for many of us.

grandtanteJE65 Thu 13-Feb-20 12:41:21

Well, when people are in my way in the supermarket I say, "Excuse me, I would like to get to that shelf". It works and I would never nudge them with my trolley, as I dislike being nudged with trollies.

Buttonjugs Thu 13-Feb-20 13:04:56

I take my ASD son swimming three times a week for lane swimming. I get really annoyed when swimmers congregate in the corner to chat. There’s a cafe where they can do that! Also in the last ten minutes I have brought our lunch upstairs on a tray, forgot my son’s drink, banged the tray into a cupboard so that my coffee spilled over, tried to grab my tablet to read and dropped it. The charging bit stayed in but the attached cable had other ideas!

mokryna Thu 13-Feb-20 13:14:57

Yesterday I had to contact the tax office. Automatic answer phones, finally spoke to a person, who seemed to be in another country and who irritatingly said yea at the end off every sentence. Eg. You have got you number, yea. Drove me mad. Even worse, found out that the last ten years of not claiming my small pension, which if I had, would not have paid any tax on, now I have to pay on a certain sum 40 per cent. Not a happy day.

EEJit Thu 13-Feb-20 15:23:04

Went to see a renal surgeon this morning regarding having a catheter fitted for dialysis.

Turns out I also have a small, previously undiscovered, hernia.

SueDonim Thu 13-Feb-20 15:35:58

My dd had one of those days yesterday which culminated in an exploding banana. grin

gillyknits Thu 13-Feb-20 16:11:03

Not a good start today. The cat was sick (thankfully not on a carpet!) and then I managed to spill a whole cup of tea all over the new carpet !
Apart from that it seems to have settled into rather a calm day. ??????

Aepgirl Thu 13-Feb-20 16:51:48

What’s wrong with ‘excuse me please’, Bellanonna? - no need to nudge anybody.

H1954 Thu 13-Feb-20 18:41:51

Oh, sorry GNetters, but I'm so relieved that it's not just me! Today has been a better day though! ?

Callistemon Thu 13-Feb-20 19:10:14

Today did get better. I avoided tackling a difficult project this morning but after lunch thought I would start. Success so far but I still have the rest to finish another day.

I mean - who would stare into a cup of milk and water and wonder why it didn't look like tea?
Only an eejit who hadn't put a teabag in the cup in the first place.

Callistemon Thu 13-Feb-20 19:11:17

I suppose if I'd spilt the milk and water over a carpet, gillyknits, it wouldn't have stained!

I hope the stain came out.