Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Daughter has very faint line on pregnancy test

(37 Posts)
Nanaju Mon 24-Feb-20 16:42:23

My eldest daughter has been through a lot these last twelve months, One miscarriage and one still birth, she is 4 days late with no symptoms other than burping, she has taken a test using clear blue and a very faint line appeared, (I struggle to see it), today she has seen a tiny bit of pink after wiping. She is very anxious and worried about a chemical pregnancy or ectopic, always over thinks. I have told her to be patient and wait a few more days to see if bleeding occurs and re-test using a digital test in a few days if not. I am so worried for her. Would love to hear if anyone else has experienced this?

sarahellenwhitney Tue 25-Feb-20 16:24:26

I experienced irregular periods so this was no way of knowing if I was pregnant. My most accurate test was managing to get to the bathroom when first out of bed in the morning before throwing up.

Madmaggie Tue 25-Feb-20 17:27:18

I was told I'd never have children - and had 3! My lovely daughter has just become a mum in her mid 30s for the first time against all the odds (gynae problems) - a bonny baby girl. Don't give up hope, wishing you all the very best.

sazz1 Tue 25-Feb-20 19:03:42

I haemorrhaged at 3 months with DS2 we're talking bright red blood soaking bath towels. It stopped and restarted right up to 6 mths pregnant. Baby born normal full term but piece of placenta missing and had resealed. Don't give up hope All the best xx

Fellsidegruffalo Tue 25-Feb-20 19:16:09

Additional reassurance scans are recognised as a valid way to support pregnant women who have had miscarriages or other pregnancy/birth losses.
Good luck with it all xx

notanan2 Tue 25-Feb-20 19:20:00

A scan at this point would not reassure as there may be no heartbeat yet

Yennifer Tue 25-Feb-20 19:24:42

Good luck!

EthelJ Tue 25-Feb-20 19:44:17

That photo definitely looks positive. Hope all goes well for her.

paddyanne Tue 25-Feb-20 22:32:37

I really think its a mistake to test too early ,it would just make her anxious.Better if she could leave it a couple of weeks at least .Somehow a "late period" is much easier to deal with than an early mis.I hope it all goes well for her ,stressing wont be good for her though so try to keep her calm

Deni1963 Wed 26-Feb-20 11:03:44

I think being 4 days late on a regular 28 day cycle a positive line would be clear. Bleeding is quite common, but so are chemical pregnancies sadly- wishing all positive for her.

Mamma66 Wed 26-Feb-20 16:17:06

There is always another side of the coin. I always wanted children and had (I think) an early miscarriage. Eventually I reconciled myself to not having children. Down the line I met a lovely man with four children. Two of those children whole heartedly accepted me into their lives and now I have five lovely grandchildren who adore me and I adore them. Obviously I sincerely hope that things work out for your daughter, but I just wanted to say that even if things don’t go to her life plan, that sometimes you end up in an place you don’t expect to be and it can be wonderful. Wishing you all the luck in the world ?

Lizzytut Sun 01-Mar-20 18:26:04

Wishing your Daughter all the luck in the world big hugs and love ?