Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

contact with grandchildren

(34 Posts)
grannyornot Sun 05-Apr-20 14:47:52

Anybody still seeing there grandchildren in this difficult time.

SueH49 Sat 16-May-20 04:16:44

We were lucky enough to see our 2GS yesterday. Our restrictions have been eased and we are now allowed to have up to 5 visitors. It was wonderful to see them after 8 weeks and amazing to see how they have grown. We are so lucky.

Sparkling Sat 16-May-20 05:30:11

In the UK we still are not allowed contact with family, where do you live Sue. I haven't heard from mine, so disappointed. We aways had them and loved them to bits I never thought for one minute they sound care. Bit depressed at the moment, miss my husband and feel isolated. There are a few around here, a few families, whom have not taken any notice of restrictions.

vegansrock Sat 16-May-20 05:58:42

When I face time the youngest (17 months) I have a little doll who wears a hat , I hold her up to the camera and we say hello dolly etc which grabs the little ones attention and we play head, shoulders, knees and toes and other games like Wind the Bobbin up with the doll and the baby joins in.

SueH49 Sat 16-May-20 06:08:27

Sparkling, I'm in Australia

LullyDully Sat 16-May-20 08:35:56

My two teenage GC are with mum, who has just come home from deployment, having previously spent lockdown with dad. They live a long way away, too far to drop in. But my stomach lurched when I saw a blond woman , similar to mum , getting out of a car outside the house.

It wasn't them of course but it made me very sad.

silverlining48 Sat 16-May-20 10:11:35

Lully, i understand how disappointed you were but hope it’s not too long before you see them again.
We saw our two yesterday, kept our distance of course. We had a walk. It wasn’t long but it was lovely to see them again.

whoisthis Sat 16-May-20 12:31:07

I havn't seen mine for more than 2 months,I understand he can now say whole sentences, but when I FaceTime he just wants to run around.

V3ra Sat 16-May-20 13:30:20

whoisthis we've had the same with our granddaughter (3) who asks to video call us, then after five minutes gets over excited and runs around.
Last night we were a bit later getting in touch and she was already in the bath.
She took a few minutes to start talking, always a bit shy at first, but then we had a proper chat with her as she couldn't go anywhere!