Supermarket items out of stock

Stoker48 Fri 15-May-20 07:45:10

After the initial panic, it’s very reassuring that most items are readily available. I live on my own and am quite minimal in my needs, so no complaints from me.
I’ve had the same breakfast for twenty years ( apart from Holidays) and have recently run out. I’m a Kellogg’s Fruit and Fibre addict and there’s not a box to be found!!
Yes, there are the own brand cereals but I’ve never found one that comes anywhere near the branded product.
Anyone else missing their favorite items?
This is certainly not a moan, just an observation, by enlarge plenty of items in the shops and queues not too long as a rule.
Cheers, all. Beautiful morning here x

Esspee Fri 15-May-20 07:49:35

I haven’t seen All Bran in any store I’ve visited. I assume the manufacturers are concentrating on their more popular lines at the moment.
Like you OP it is the one item I keep searching for.

Hetty58 Fri 15-May-20 07:57:01

Easy peasy - just order online, in bulk (to get free delivery). Same breakfast for 20 years, though? Variety is the spice of life!

tanith Fri 15-May-20 08:02:59

I eat Bran Flakes most days can’t get it anywhere but my daughter has bought it for me in Poundland of all places and bonus is it’s £1 for 500g box. Funnily I was able to order her two boxes of All Bran in my last Tesco click and collect shop.

TerriBull Fri 15-May-20 08:35:51

Brown sugar and of course FLOUR sad but that has been discussed on several threads already!

GrannyGravy13 Fri 15-May-20 08:39:59

Have had deliveries from Tesco and Morrisons, flour in both also Mr.GG13 bought some in Aldi along with brown sugar.

Witzend Fri 15-May-20 08:46:33

Not a supermarket, but neither of the 2 local ‘corner‘ shops, nor the shop at the post office where I needed to go the other day, had any chicken stock cubes. This was over about a week, not on one day.
Presumably it’s because people are doing a lot more cooking from scratch.
So they were number one on the list dh took for a big shop the other day. I said, ‘And don’t get stock pots, they’re much more expensive.’
He came back with cubes and stock pots.

dragonfly46 Fri 15-May-20 08:49:27

Walkers Salt and Shake crisps are in short supply also. Companies are only running popular lines.

BlueSky Fri 15-May-20 09:01:56

The only one I noticed are Domestos bleach/cleaner spray. I've always used it and luckily bought a couple extra previous to the lockdown. Domestos done some clever advertising claiming their product kills all known germ, including Coronavirus, dead!

helgawills Fri 15-May-20 09:02:08

Can't find any Lasagne sheets anywhere, neighbours tried Ocado for us as well, no luck. All other pasta plentiful.

Marydoll Fri 15-May-20 09:02:15

dragonfly, that's what I'm craving.
I managed to get a Tesco equivalent and the wee blue bag was missing from the packet I opened! 🤬

I cannot source condensed milk and icing sugar confectionary I make to cheer my neighbours up.

Aldi and Lidl have flour. Believe it or not, my DD got me brown sugar in B&M.

Moggycuddler Fri 15-May-20 09:07:05

No eggs this week!

curlytops Fri 15-May-20 09:08:29

Ordering on line from Asda unable to get flour or eggs and of course hand sanitizer.

mimismo Fri 15-May-20 09:09:11

Ginger biscuits! The only shop I know that sells them here in Madrid is outside my 1km radius and probably shut anyway!

Gma29 Fri 15-May-20 09:11:13

I’m finding it more effort to get things like flour, eggs, some cereal and cleaning products, as they are in the basket at checkout on my online order, then when I get the delivery they are missing items. I’ve managed to get them by going out, which rather defeats the idea of the online shop

I’m down to my last bits of flour and eggs again now, so will have to make another trip to try and find them. Bigger problems elsewhere, I know!

Lindylou57 Fri 15-May-20 09:13:33

No eggs for the last 2 weeks! Have hens stopped laying?

jaylucy Fri 15-May-20 09:19:28

My sister finally managed to get flour in the international section in Tescos - she wasn't 100% sure as the labelling was in Polish but the pictures of cakes and pastry on the packet gave her an idea! Thankfully it seems to be plain flour - made some amazing yorkies at the weekend (she sent a photo on Facebook)
My son does our shopping in the evenings - rarely a queue and he has managed to get just about everything we want , including his GF things as well as a few bargains - such as packs of sliced ham for 30p a pack, green beans and parsnips 10p a bag and a tray of chocolate covered doughnuts for 20p - all bagged up and in the freezer!

Grannygrumps1 Fri 15-May-20 09:21:44

Macaroni & castor sugar. Nowhere to be found.

Coco51 Fri 15-May-20 09:22:19

I cannot understand how or why there is such a shortage of flour 6/7 weeks after lockdown started - all the supermarkets are the same and I think the ‘just in time’ distribution has failed miserably. I ended up getting bread mix from Amazon and wholemeal from Lakeland, but still need ordinary white flour. Quite often items are in stock when ordering but not when orders are picked.

Smileless2012 Fri 15-May-20 09:23:51

Heinz tinned spaghetti; tried a couple of others but didn't like themsad.

Crenniemac Fri 15-May-20 09:25:55

I haven’t been able to get flour for weeks now. Mr C did get eggs by rushing around our local Waitrose but no flour. Wanted to bake a cake for my next door neighbours who are in their 90s.

Nansypansy Fri 15-May-20 09:25:57

Haven’t had a problem with friends getting me flour ... had some from Asda and some from Lidl. I heard that the reason wasn’t the flour but the packaging ...

clareken Fri 15-May-20 09:29:56

My DD is struggling to get GF flour because people who can't get normal flour, are buying the GF ones. So selfish, when she (and others) can't just pick up any.

TerriBull Fri 15-May-20 09:30:37

I've heard Aldi and Lidl have items such as flour and brown sugar. I've only managed to secure Tesco home deliveries so far, occasionally they list both items, only to be withdrawn with a "no longer in stock" notice as delivery date approaches. I do my top up shopping in Marks, which, if you pick your time, is reasonably uncrowded in my area. Like everyone these days I keep my shop visits to the minimum, so I at the moment I won't venture further afield, I have some of both items, but they will run out eventually. We can only live in hope that everything will get back to normal before too long.

ninathenana Fri 15-May-20 09:31:15

Himself managed to get one of the very large bags of pasta for the first time in weeks on Wednesday.
Egg supplies have been intermittent but currently ok.