Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

So Who Do You Look Like?

(203 Posts)
TheFrugalPiggy Fri 26-Jun-20 10:50:03

In my youth I was often likened to Sarah Ferguson, but with dark brown hair. I also had/have some of her personality traits - the good ones I'm sure. wink. When I look in the mirror I believe I can see the resemblance.

So who have you been likened to and do you agree?

TheFrugalPiggy Wed 08-Jul-20 19:31:49

That is a lovely story sevenkidsnotv.

JennyNotFromTheBlock Tue 07-Jul-20 07:37:03

I look like my mother, at least that's what I was told when I was younger. Now, I believe, I just look myself

sevenkidsnotv Sat 04-Jul-20 13:47:17

Mum and Dad were visiting a few years ago, and I introduced them to an elderly neighbour, she looked at us all then said, 'you are the image of your Dad, he could never deny you, but you don't look like your Mum at all' .
This tickled my Dad and I, as he is my Step-Dad ( has been for 36 years ) and is no blood relation at all, he gave me a big hug and said 'that's my girl'.
So I reckon I look like my Dad ( Step-Dad ).

Shropshirelass Sat 04-Jul-20 09:18:46

I lived in America for a while and I was likened to Diana Rigg (can't see it myself) and more recently in my early sixties likened to Pru Leith. Think it was just the hair and colourful glasses.

Flygirl Mon 29-Jun-20 00:08:39

When I was younger I was told I looked just like Susan St. James in MacMillan & Wife and had her mannerisms.

Whingingmom Sun 28-Jun-20 21:39:58

A harassed Princess Anne but with the hair of Einstein!

Brismum Sun 28-Jun-20 21:22:14

In my late teens early 20’s (now in early 70’s) l had long hair and glasses. Frequently told I looked like Nana Mascouri!

BBbevan Sun 28-Jun-20 19:15:21

My mum said I looked like Jean Symonds. When I was an art student it was Nana Mouskouri. Now I look like my Gran

Lettice Sun 28-Jun-20 17:04:40

Lindylou23, how bizarre is this. I too was likened to Sophia Loren in my teens and twenties. The bizarre bit is my name is Linda and my family nickname is Lindylou. Are you sure you're not me?

Happysexagenarian Sun 28-Jun-20 09:29:45

In my youth several people said I was the spitting image of Anita Harris, and the commissionaire at a famous London store once held the door open for me and said "Good Morning Miss Harris"! I couldn't see the likeness myself. Don't know who I look like now.

Ashcombe Sun 28-Jun-20 05:43:01

As a young woman, I was told I resembled Julie Felix (the singer on The Frost Report) then a few years later : Nana Mouskouri. When a local artist sketched me, the result looked like my maternal grandmother, which was disconcerting, especially as I was in my thirties at the time!

helenmabr Sun 28-Jun-20 00:49:53

I was always told from a very young age that l looked like Julie Andrews. Sadly not any more l am too fat

netflixfan Sat 27-Jun-20 23:12:46

I look like Tubs from the league of gentlemen at the present! wink

anxiousgran Sat 27-Jun-20 22:58:29

I was very flattered in my early twenties to be told I looked like Audrey Hepburn.
Not so much now, she’s slipped away and my Nana’s stepped in.

glammagran Sat 27-Jun-20 22:17:00

Somebody told me years ago I reminded them a great deal of Judy Finnegan (Richard and Judy, This Morning show). Felt quite insulted as I used to watch it with my youngest baby, completely catatonic through lack of sleep. I’m certainly not Judy’s age. Think that’s why I only ever watch the lunchtime news now ?

netflixfan Sat 27-Jun-20 22:08:56

Newatthis you'll have to stop wearing that leotard and Cape and crown! X

Chewbacca Sat 27-Jun-20 21:43:53

My sort-of ex husband was frequently told that he looked very much like Michael Williams, Judy Dench's husband. And he does. A bit.

ChrisK Sat 27-Jun-20 21:34:50

DH used to get all sorts of comments Clark Gable and George Best were the best ones!! He just looks my lovely OH of 49 years these days

Tickledpink Sat 27-Jun-20 21:31:51

Sue Barker in the early days and the nutty mother in Carrie grin

MissAdventure Sat 27-Jun-20 20:20:17

grin

downtoearth Sat 27-Jun-20 20:09:46

Quite a few years ago a stint with short red hair got me called Anne Robinson..

I worked for Boots opticians at the time when their uniform was a hideous pink drop waisted box pleated ensemble complete with pussy cat bow....I felt like Mr Blobby in that

Catterygirl Sat 27-Jun-20 19:32:06

Mary Hopkins
Hayley Mills
Brigitte Bardot
Marilyn Monroe

Now look more like John Rocha!

Peardrop50 Sat 27-Jun-20 18:52:01

@Grandmafrench so there must be a lorra lorra likeness between us

Lupin Sat 27-Jun-20 18:36:10

Now - hair wise I look like that picture of Einstein - sort of mad scientist. I have a hair appointment early July and I am so looking forward to it.
More than once - long, long ago I was likened to Nana Mouskouri. It was the long hair and glasses. I loved her singing voice and wish I had that too.

MarieEliza Sat 27-Jun-20 18:12:08

Judy Garland when I was young