Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

"We taught them how to fly"

(29 Posts)
Fennel Mon 17-Aug-20 17:50:16

We're missing our children and granchildren so much these days. We tried to bring them up to be able to fend for themslves and make their own lives and families, with the same principlee as we had . Give or take many mistakes we did. Better than we did because they have adapted to social changes.
But now, I wish we were all back in those creative days. They've gone far and we miss them.

Peardrop50 Fri 21-Aug-20 10:14:12

It seems that we all have more in common than that which divides us. We all love our children dearly, we have all enjoyed the early years of parenthood, we are all immensely proud of our adult children, we all enjoy their company and we all miss them when they aren’t there. We all seem to have a fulfilling life beyond parenthood.
Funny too that many of us have experienced this strange yearning for a moment in the past during lock down.
This thread is lovely, just knowing that we can all agree on the most important thing in life, the love we have for our children.

BlueSky Fri 21-Aug-20 11:49:54

My DC and DGC moved overseas years ago, I missed them terribly, but they done brilliantly and I'm very proud of them. But now the occasional trip over has become impossible for the foreseeable future, and some days it really makes me teary. Never thought I wouldn't be able to see them. I wish they were still nearby. sad

Fennel Fri 21-Aug-20 13:52:40

Spangler - I've just seen your post on the previous page -
No offence taken