Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Help! Something's beeping

(28 Posts)
Esspee Sat 24-Oct-20 07:34:53

I don't think it was beeping during the night but certainly for the last hour there has been a regular irritating high pitched beep during us crazy. It is going off about once a minute.
First reaction was it must be a fire alarm so the batteries have been removed from each and every fire alarm in the house and still the beep continues.
Any ideas wise fellow gransnetters?

Hellogirl1 Sat 24-Oct-20 23:37:48

A few years ago my daughter and myself kept hearing a loud beeping noise, coming from the cupboard under the stairs. All we could think of in there that might just beep was the electric meter. Rang the electricity board (remember them?), was told not to touch the meter and they`d send someone out. 2 men arrived, spent about 15 minutes in the cupboard checking the meter out, then one came out carrying a brown paper bag. Inside was a toy my grandson had left behind, a car that ran around the outside of a cylinder, beeping all the time! I felt so daft!!!

Fennel Sun 25-Oct-20 11:38:50

When we lived in the country we sometimes heard a regular beeping coming from outside. Checked all the electrics, not them.
After searching online found the culprit - a midwife toad! It was hiding in the damp grass at the edge of the patio, babies on its back.