Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Worse things about being a widow

(28 Posts)
Msida Sun 08-Nov-20 10:02:24

Well there are the big obvious ones like being alone and having to do everything alone after spending best part of your life being with him

But then there are the little things too like you always have to make your own tea, and your own diner when, before you could say, could I have a cup of tea please just like you would do for him if he needed a cup of tea

It's about adjusting... To making your own tea and the rest

But I am feeling better now, when I first came to gransnet for some much needed support I was in a bad way and every single post that I received helped me I literally felt your arms pull me off of the ground that I felt I had hit

So that was more than I received from some family members

I don't feel that saying thank you is enough and wish I could treat each end everyone that helped me to a lovely full three course meal!! (chance would be a fine thing with all this nonsense going on at the moment)

So grateful thank you for picking me up when I was very down and putting back to I can function mode x x

Daddima Sun 08-Nov-20 15:47:00

The Bodach and I would always have a giggle at Donald Trump’s antics, and a couple of times over the last couple of days I’ve thought how we would have enjoyed watching things develop.
I’m sure there will be other occasions like that.

sparklingsilver28 Sun 08-Nov-20 16:07:03

The things I found trying was dealing with the bills, as soon as one paid something else would drop through the letter box. Time moved on and thankfully the bank deal with them. Then house maintenance, not that my DH ever knock a nail in straight but he always found someone who did. So imagine how chuffed at 82 to have sold a house, moved 300 miles, and bought another one. Now seeking a handyman to knock a few nails in straight!