Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Sending flowers via the internet.

(55 Posts)
Howjado Tue 17-Nov-20 14:07:24

I want to send my daughter some flowers to cheer her up. Never done it online before. I spent ages picking the right bunch, but when I went to pay, I was expecting to provide a few words to go on a gift tag or something. No mention of a card or message. Just press here to pay for you chosen flowers. Is this the norm with internet flowers?

Marg75 Wed 18-Nov-20 14:55:59

I use 'Bunches' and have had no problems & was given a chance to write a message. Recipients have been happy with them!

MrsThreadgoode Wed 18-Nov-20 17:21:45

I always find a local florist to the recipient, that way you can tell them exactly what you want and the message.
It also helps to keep the small local florist in business. Most shops have reviews of their flowers online, so you can check that they are ok.

GrannySomerset Wed 18-Nov-20 17:31:58

I have recently sent flowers by Serentia which the recipients were very pleased with. If using B&W I send them the day before so that they have time to perk up for The Day.

M0nica Wed 18-Nov-20 17:54:47

I use Waitrose or Interflora to send flowers and they always ask for a message for the card at some point in the process. I wouldn't use a company unless I could send a message.