Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

I'm not winning

(28 Posts)
Msida Wed 09-Dec-20 07:16:31

Hi everyone

Some may have read my post after my husband died recently

I'm looking for some help today because instead of getting better I seem to be getting worse

I am eating much too much I am not going out because I am working from home and I don't see anyone from one week to the next

I do have two children but they get on with their life and don't really see much of them, so I feel that I have lost everything and have no actual family because I don't see them they don't make any effort to visit me orr call me to see how their Mum is coping with loosing dad and how she coping with living alone

I have resorted to airing my problems because when I woke this morning the feeling of despair was all consuming

I have to face a days work dealing with awful rude people and to be honest I realllly don't know what I'm going to do about any of this

I'm sorry to burden you I don't mean to burden anyone

I'm just hoping that someone will say something that will help me to stop feeling so full of despair

Callistemon Wed 09-Dec-20 15:29:28

It's very early days Msida so be kind to yourself.
It's a pity you have to deal with rude people, presumably members of the public, at work which won't help at all.
Do you have any friends you could phone and also it might be a good idea to contact CRUSE as others have already suggested or could your GP surgery put you in touch with a bereavement counsellor?
Could you choose a good time to phone your children as they will be missing their father too; perhaps chatting about happier memories might help.
flowers

Grammaretto for you too flowers

It's a very difficult time at the moment, especially for those who are alone.

Madgran77 Wed 09-Dec-20 17:04:48

Msida Have you told your AC that you are struggling?

Also please do arrange some bereavement counselling for yourself, it really can help one to move forward in a new "normal" after you have lost someone you love flowers