Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Stocking filler for 14 year old DGS- quick!!

(30 Posts)
kittylester Thu 17-Dec-20 11:22:30

Just that really. He is saving for a PS5 so we will give him money for that but we also like to give all the grandchildren something to unwrap.

We are stumped for something for about £10. He is bright, plays guitar, football and fashion conscious. He is also 6'1" of loveliness - I'm not biased at all!!

Elegran Thu 17-Dec-20 11:27:30

Chocolate. Lots of it.

Jaxjacky Thu 17-Dec-20 11:29:16

Something similar if you don’t have Amazon?

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 17-Dec-20 11:35:21

Not sure what a PS5 is, but assume it is digital - are you able to get an accessory for it or software? A voucher for bookshop?
Apologies if these are no help, Ive got 7 years until my GS reaches that age!!
I agree with another suggestion, chocolates? they are not age related!

GrannyGravy13 Thu 17-Dec-20 11:35:44

Smellies, hair gel, novelty boxer pants or socks?

GrannySomerset Thu 17-Dec-20 11:40:12

Amazon voucher so he can choose his own game - and chocolate. We are in a similar position with a 14 year old.

EllanVannin Thu 17-Dec-20 11:44:11

I've got my 14 year old GGS a military-type watch with all kinds of gadgets on it and smellies.They seem to like their smellies, a variety of shower gels and deodorants.

Shinamae Thu 17-Dec-20 11:50:33

I know it’s from Amazon but it’s just what I think my grandson will love and it gets him away from the playstation.When he comes to visit me all tech is off-limits but we play a lot of boardgames and now we will be able to play this football game as well....

Jane10 Thu 17-Dec-20 11:52:04

'About £10'.

Shinamae Thu 17-Dec-20 11:57:15

Whoops! ?

cornishpatsy Thu 17-Dec-20 12:04:22

I like these mini guitar ornaments. This one is £12 from Amazon, there are lots of sites selling them.

Greenfinch Thu 17-Dec-20 12:05:49

One of those fitbit thngs you wear round your wrist. We have got our 13 year old DGS one.

kittylester Thu 17-Dec-20 12:08:50

Thank you all. He will get enough chocolates to upset his Pa and we have also bought him a selection box. blush

GG's socks and pants suggestion gave me an idea. He has just started a paper round to help his quest for a PS5 - if there is ever one available - so we have bought him a Buff to help him keep warm.

Mamardoit Thu 17-Dec-20 12:23:40

Is he shaving? Even if he's not yet maybe a razor and shaving cream. My five boys were all thrilled to get one of those.

Callistemon Thu 17-Dec-20 12:33:11

I need ideas for DGD too - she is having money and some chocolate reindeer but it's going to seem a bit sad if her younger sister has lots of presents to open.
What I had bought as an extra gift to open her auntie has sent for her! Great minds

J52 Thu 17-Dec-20 13:09:41

Paper round wear, insulated hat, fingerless thermal gloves, thermal base layer t shirt. All from Blacks or Mountain Warehouse.
Granddaughter, hand and nail pamper kit? Varnish, hand cream, nail files etc put in pretty box. Cheaply obtained at Superdrug.

brazenp75 Thu 17-Dec-20 13:12:15

Send a nice big mixed assorted chocolatey gift box. You can get them on line sent direct to him.

Callistemon Thu 17-Dec-20 13:13:06

Thank you

She does do her nails, which is fine, but I refuse to buy her makeup just yet!! She is what is apparently called a 'tweenager'

brazenp75 Thu 17-Dec-20 13:14:38

Couple of 'football' interest magazines or a decent t-shirt?

lemongrove Thu 17-Dec-20 13:24:40

I always include a book kitty so many good ones.If you look up books for teenage boys on Amazon there are lots to choose from.
I bought The Book Of Dust by Philip Pullman for the teenager last year and the first book in the Dirk Gently series this year( Holistic Detective Agency) which is funny.

J52 Thu 17-Dec-20 13:27:15

Second suggestion for granddaughter, similar put together box, but craft art items?

Callistemon Thu 17-Dec-20 16:10:03

J52

Second suggestion for granddaughter, similar put together box, but craft art items?

I've just ordered something crafty for her, J52 which could hang in her bedroom afterwards.
I hope she will make it, we'll be locked down after Christmas so I won't be able to help (or interfere).

Thank you for the suggestions.

Callistemon Thu 17-Dec-20 17:14:32

Sorry to gatecrash your thread, kittylester tchblush

I hope you've chosen something now as I'm not sure what a Buff is.
Football socks or hat of his favourite team or a football?

Greyduster Thu 17-Dec-20 17:32:25

My almost fourteen year old’s stocking contains hair gel and a body spray, a pair of M&S Rudolph slipper sox, chemical elements Top Trumps, the obligatory bag of chocolate coins, a chocolate orange and a fistful of inexpensive little trivia games including a footie one (all well under five pounds). When I have made them he’ll also get a gingerbread man! A buff is a super idea Kitty. If he does a paper round, what about a head torch?

harrigran Thu 17-Dec-20 18:10:40

I bought an ipad stand which will also hold a mobile, it folds into a neat rectangle but adjusts to all sizes of phone and tablet.
Google Topways portable fold up stand, about £6.00