Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Feeling really Sad and disappointed

(28 Posts)
over60plus Mon 28-Dec-20 09:30:26

We have 2 grown up grandchildren both grown up with children, for Christmas we sent them all presents for both Grandson and partner and his 2 children my husband met Him in a lay-by I am shielding so unable to go passed the parcels over, my husband said in the parcels there are 2 envelopes one for him and one for his partner be careful how you open presents £50 in each plus a nice gift, we had bought presents for his children from a list they had sent, about an hour later got a text message can’t find envelopes are you sure you put them in I replied they are on top of your parcels 2 minutes later found them not even a thank you we did not even receive a Card.
My Grandaughter dropped her presents of and we passed there parcels to her, Christmas morning phone call from her and her partner to say Thank You.
My Greatgrandaughter our Grandsons daughter FaceTimed us yesterday had a chat about Santa hoped she liked her presents, we had sent to Santa we had bought her 2 Nintendo games I asked if they were the right ones, Mummy and Daddy sent them to Santa they were in that bag, so I said sorry I must have got that wrong.

Toadinthehole Mon 28-Dec-20 12:38:39

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. Only children get presents, no one else. People continue to get so het up over them year after year. My MIL did us such a great favour over 35 years ago, before we were married. She didn’t like the presents we gave her. Oh the joy! Never had to buy for her again, in fact..all presents for adults stopped.

cornishpatsy Mon 28-Dec-20 12:56:30

Maybe they had duplicates of the Nintendo games.