Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

If this were your hair what would you be doing with it? ?

(184 Posts)
Urmstongran Wed 10-Feb-21 19:16:48

I will try a hair mask Lillypops - what’s one of those when they’re at home? Will check Sainsbury’s? Boots?

Then continue with ‘Aussie’ conditioner - thanks Liz.

Any hairdressers amongst us?

FlexibleFriend Wed 10-Feb-21 19:13:45

I'd certainly do a coconut oil wrap, probably overnight and maybe repeat in a weeks time and then see if there's any improvement.

Casdon Wed 10-Feb-21 19:13:42

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor is really good, it’s a deep conditioner that actually works, on my hair anyway, which is colored, and a similar length to yours.

Urmstongran Wed 10-Feb-21 19:13:37

No idea Fanny really. I’ve been run down with a virus (not that one) for six weeks. I’d noticed my hair felt drier, but as I’ve not been going anywhere I just washed it twice a week and pinned it up out of the way. Then last week when brushing it, it felt like a fur ball - all knotted. And today after washing it felt so dry it didn’t even feel like my hair! So I asked Himself to photo it so I could get a proper look and ... panicked!

nadateturbe Wed 10-Feb-21 19:08:29

I'm no expert I'm afraid but I would try an oil treatment and maybe brush it for a few ninutes each day with a good bristle brush.

FannyCornforth Wed 10-Feb-21 19:08:18

Why / how do you think this has happened?

Lilypops Wed 10-Feb-21 19:01:38

Just use a good nourishing hair mask UG, that’s all you need to do and it will soon be nice again, don’t panic !!!

Liz46 Wed 10-Feb-21 18:57:33

When I was on holiday once my hair started to suffer. A very kind lady gave me some Aussie conditioner and it helped a lot.

Urmstongran Wed 10-Feb-21 18:55:11

My hair has gone so dry and tangled these last few weeks.
OMG ?

I got Himself to take a photo of the back for me just now so I could see it. It feels so dry and tangly and I wanted to see it up close.

The first picture is from the end of October and the second one, just tonight.

No haircut in between & I can’t get to a hairdresser right now. (same for everybody I know)

What do you think I should do?
I’m thinking apply some products. Like Argon oil ? or coconut oil ? and wrap it in a turban to absorb the conditioner. It shocked me to be honest.

Any suggestions please? I’d be grateful.