Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Foods You Shouldn't Eat But Do

(114 Posts)
AGAA4 Tue 16-Feb-21 16:01:10

Rice pudding. Apple pie. Too much cheddar cheese and chocolate.
Before the first lockdown none of the above were in my fridge.

RulaNula Tue 16-Feb-21 16:00:02

McDonald's Breakfast. Egg and Sausage.

I have one a year.

Goodness knows what is inside them but I care not

For one day a year it's allowed.

Kate1949 Tue 16-Feb-21 15:58:33

I usually eat quite healthily but on my naughty list are:
Fish paste sandwiches. My husband says it's revolting but I love it and it reminds me of childhood sandwiches.
Cheese and onion crisp sandwiches on white bread.
Chip sandwiches.
I have also discovered Tesco finest chicken and stuffing crisps which I have to stop myself from adding to my online order.

cornishpatsy Tue 16-Feb-21 15:23:55

Trifle sponge fingers. Originally thought they were a low calorie alternative to cake and sweets but I eat so many now that a small slice of cake would probably be better.

Woodmouse Tue 16-Feb-21 14:56:11

I too have Chief of the Food Police.smile. If he wasn't around I'd live off pepperoni pizza, chips, custard tarts and Sugar Puffs!

Anrol Tue 16-Feb-21 14:30:02

Pork crackling, and it gives me heartburn too so double whammy!

Ellianne Tue 16-Feb-21 14:25:32

I once confessed to a friend that I secretly ate shelled peas, the bigger the better, by the bag full.
She told me in her country they were fed to the pigs!

V3ra Tue 16-Feb-21 14:23:02

NellG you and me both! (Apart from the peanut butter, that's on my list).
My husband's favourite meal would be a mighty meat pizza followed by cheese and crackers ?

NellG Tue 16-Feb-21 14:16:22

Bigbertha That made me laugh - if you live with the chief of the food police, I live with Britains most wanted! His food choices are terrible - your 'bad' list reads like his healthy list. He thinks broccoli is the food of the devil.

DiscoGran Tue 16-Feb-21 14:13:38

I have made my own noodley recipe akin to (better than) super noodles. It's like a pot noodle/super noodle hybrid. Really easy, tasty and freezable. Recipe available on request.

GagaJo Tue 16-Feb-21 14:12:12

SO much stuff.

Cheese. Solidified fat.

Red meat. Mmmm

White bread.

Crisps. My VERY guilty secret.

Ice lollies. Not quite as bad as the others.

Full fat milk. It always used to be skimmed that I drunk, but in the school where I live it is always full fat. BUT I only have it in tea, no cereal etc.

DiscoGran Tue 16-Feb-21 14:09:51

Mmmm, findus crispy pancakes.. Maybe I'll have those tonight.

BigBertha1 Tue 16-Feb-21 14:01:07

No I dont because I live with the Chief of the Food Police but left to my own devices I would have in my larder and fridge;-

Crunchy Nut Cornflakes
Jelly Tots
Snowball cakes
Peanut Butter (he hates the smell)
Hash Browns
Whole milk
Cream
Macaroons
Really good beefburgers
Fillet steak
White bread sometimes
Pies- meat and fruit but best quality
Magnums
Champagne
and of course lots more chocolate than I admit too.

Woodmouse Tue 16-Feb-21 13:40:33

Apart from the obvious like chocolate, cake and crisps are there any foods you still eat which you don't tell your friends about? Only my Best friend knows that I eat Pop Tarts, Findus Crispy Pancakes and Super Noodles. I don't eat them every day but they are my guilty secret. ?