Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Feeling sad no one to ask for advice

(28 Posts)
Brightsky1 Thu 25-Mar-21 10:19:28

I know a lot of people are going through worse things right now, sorry. I have no real family anymore and was just reading some of the threads on here and everyone is so kind and nice with their advice, never had a gran really so just asking for some help and advice. I was caring for someone for a long time this stopped back in Sept last year, so most of my 30's I could not really get out there are meet someone and start a family. You always hope someone just comes along, but that never really happens in real life. If in normal times I would have in Sept got out there and joined clubs and volunteered etc as that is how I would like to meet someone more naturally, as online dating is just not for me. I could not really do all this obviously like so many people at the moment. I have just turned 40 recently and just so sad and upset that my chances of finding someone and starting a family won't happen now. I was not career minded or anything, it has just been hard to meet someone other than work and there was never anyone, mostly female work people. It is just really upsetting me a lot and all I can think about, that it is over and lost my chance. It all takes time to meet someone and get to know them etc. I would love my own children and have a family unit. I can't do it alone as no family support etc, and wanted the family unit. I just feel so lost and alone and feel I have no meaning or purpose at the moment. I also feel I have messed it all up and and should have tried harder somehow but it was really hard. I just wish someone knew someone and meet someone that way as be nice as quite shy as well but no one does. Sorry just feeling really sad at the thought of it and the future without having a family and kids. Thank-you for listening

pandapatch Sun 28-Mar-21 18:32:58

You sound like a lovely caring person, with a lot of love to give, just wondered if you had ever thought about fostering?

GrannyRose15 Sun 28-Mar-21 18:36:05

I was very ill when I was forty but when I recovered I started looking at changing my career. I took a training course and ever since have had a brilliant work life, with the satisfaction I thought I would never get in my work. I know it's not quite the same, but it does go to show that it's not all over at 40. Think positive, change a few things about your life and opportunities will open up. Godspeed.