Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Not invited to wedding

(111 Posts)
Doran Thu 08-Apr-21 18:38:18

Yes the ex is invited. There is no animosity between them, they get on very well as do we all. I would never make a fuss about it and have insisted he go to the wedding and the reception. He wanted to just attend the service he said he wanted to be able to share the day with me. I'm honestly just sad we won't spend this wonderful day together

rosie1959 Thu 08-Apr-21 18:38:18

grannypiper

That is awful. I wouldn't make a fuss but the GD would never be welcome in my home again.

I wouldn't think that would be acceptable to the OPs partner

H1954 Thu 08-Apr-21 18:37:50

Isn't it restricted to 15 attendees for a wedding?

Kim19 Thu 08-Apr-21 18:35:11

Something similar happened to me a year ago. I was indeed disappointed by no one knew that. Covid certainly has a lot to answer for.

silverlining48 Thu 08-Apr-21 18:33:55

The bride and groom are counted in the guest numbers so understandable they have to the 30 so obviously have to be missed out. Dont take offence, these are difficult times.

Casdon Thu 08-Apr-21 18:29:56

With only 30 guests maximum I can completely see it from your husband’s grand daughter’s perspective. With the couple, two sets of parents, brothers and sisters and their partners, and bridesmaids, best man etc., as well as grandparents, places are very limited indeed. It doesn’t mean she doesn’t like you, just that she’s only known you for five years and she has to make hard choices. If the COVID restrictions are lifted before the wedding things may change.

grannypiper Thu 08-Apr-21 18:22:02

That is awful. I wouldn't make a fuss but the GD would never be welcome in my home again.

Blossoming Thu 08-Apr-21 18:21:46

I can understand your hurt feelings but as you say numbers are limited so choices have to be made. Are the other grandfather and grandmother her biological grandparents? She will have known them a lot longer, it’s natural to feel more attached. I think you just have to accept it, and look forward to future family gatherings when life is easier again.

Doodle Thu 08-Apr-21 18:20:03

Could your partner perhaps ask his GD why you weren’t invited? Is his ex going, is there a problem between them?

Doran Thu 08-Apr-21 18:17:05

Long post sorry

Doran Thu 08-Apr-21 18:16:04

I am feeling very hurt that I've been excluded from the wedding of my partners granddaughter. My partner and I have been together for 5 years and have attended family parties, Christmases together.My partner is invited to the wedding however I am not. I do understand that with covid guests are limited how ever all other grandparents have received their invites. My partner got his addressed just to him. Am I being unreasonable to feel very hurt by this