Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Travel to France advise please ….

(59 Posts)
DeeDe Mon 14-Jun-21 11:13:14

My friend & her husband have booked to travel to France for a visit her sister next week, she’s concerned and confused if there’s any likelihood of changes? Going out and returning in a few weeks
I tried checking on the Gov website, but felt unsure myself
Anyone know please can they still travel ok ?
They have both had their Covid injections
Be grateful for any advice for them please ..

Jaxjacky Wed 16-Jun-21 16:15:14

France is lifting its curfew on Sunday, three weeks early and the need for masks outside at markets etc.

mokryna Wed 16-Jun-21 16:50:44

Maggiemaybe

mokryna

My NHS daughter has informed me the 4th wave has arrived. Vaccine does not stop all.

Here from tomorrow we don’t have to wear masks outside if not in a crowd and the curfew is being lift from Sunday.

Action replay, Delta will come in via tourism and we will be in lockdown again.

We haven't had a third wave yet.

Just repeating what she said from her northern point of view.

MaggsMcG Wed 16-Jun-21 18:19:02

Its not just the quarantine here we know about that. They should really check what France are doing about people from UK. They might find they can't travel there anyway, vaccinations or not. They might have to quarantine for 10 to 14 days there too. Not worth the risk to France or UK.

Parisgranny Wed 16-Jun-21 18:52:13

Cases here in France are much lower than in UK now so it’s all a bit ridiculous, particularly as there is little Delta gere

Aveline Wed 16-Jun-21 20:09:07

There was little Delta here as well until just a few weeks ago!!

Jonathan89 Thu 17-Jun-21 07:00:20

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 17-Jun-21 09:33:33

Isn’t U.K. on the European dodgy list as we are the only country where cases and in particular delta cases are rising.

Aveline Thu 17-Jun-21 10:08:33

The situation seems to change all the time.