Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What a quandary!

(53 Posts)
Newquay Sat 10-Jul-21 20:18:32

DH and I have been invited to visit DD2 for a week soon to look after DGD aged 7 for a few days which we would LOVE to do. We went to visit them a few weeks ago and SIL (a medic) told us how bad things are with COVID and getting worse and to be careful. Now they’ve invited us there saying it’s up to us whether we go or not! What’s to do?

25Avalon Wed 14-Jul-21 12:54:38

Dd who is a teachers primary school has been sent home from school to isolate for 10 days as one of her class has tested positive.

Other dd says some are keeping their children home from the beginning of next week so they don’t catch covid which would stop them going on holiday the week after.

Knopflerfan Wed 14-Jul-21 15:12:26

I haven’t seen my children, grandchildren or my 100-year old Mum since the end of 2019 .... all those memories not made, smiles not exchanged, jokes not cracked ...

So yes I agree, go but go carefully and don’t stay home and regret it!

Now our Covid passes from our Pfizer vaccinations here in France are not accepted by the UK, so in theory they could come and stay here and go back to the UK with just the mandatory tests- but we can’t go without quarantine. How unfair is that?!!

Hope you go and have a great time!