Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Easy clean ovens

(11 Posts)
Annigranni Sun 12-Sep-21 21:13:29

Thank you ladies for your advice, it is much appreciated x

Mattsmum2 Sun 12-Sep-21 20:32:29

I have a Neff that has a pyrolyric function which is great. I think other makes do this too.

M0nica Sun 12-Sep-21 20:25:54

Annigranni It is an 8 year old Rangemaster. Before that for 17 years I had a Stoves range cooker, that also had self cleaning sides. I thought all cookers these days came with self cleaning sides. In fact I have just had a look at the Curry's site and every cooker I looked at was described as having 'catalytic liners', which is what the self cleaning ones are called.

As dragonfly46 says you still need to clean the shelves. I also try to cover everything I put in the oven.

The sheet of plastic I have on the base I only bought recently. It is in the Lakeland catalogue www.lakeland.co.uk/3318/Magic-Non-Stick-Oven-Liner-Standard-50-x-50cm#product-details-accordion

dragonfly46 Sun 12-Sep-21 18:25:18

I have a self-cleaning oven which is great but you still have to clean the shelves.

Annigranni Sun 12-Sep-21 18:16:12

M0nica, your oven sounds perfect, can I ask what make / model it is please x

Chewbacca Sat 11-Sep-21 19:11:06

Same as M0nica; the only part of the oven that I clean regularly is the glass door and, as that's done each time I use it, it's not a big job at all - a quick spray with "whatever I've got in the cupboard under the sink" and a wipe whilst it's still warm. Done.

M0nica Sat 11-Sep-21 18:46:44

My oven has self cleaning sides and I have a washable silicon sheet that I bought from Lakeland on the base.

I haven't needed to clean an oven for decades.

Hetty58 Sat 11-Sep-21 18:41:06

You have to get them very hot to 'burn off' deposits - which just put me off. I don't use my oven much now anyway, as I prefer to cook with the air fryer, whenever possible. That's all non-stick and easy to clean.

I get the oven done about once a year. They take most parts out to their van to steam clean them - brilliant!

GrannyGravy13 Sat 11-Sep-21 18:32:55

Iโ€™m with JaneJudge I pay a man to clean our range probably three/four times a year.

JaneJudge Sat 11-Sep-21 18:26:22

I pay a man to do it

Annigranni Sat 11-Sep-21 18:22:44

Easy clean ovens.

Quite simply is there such a thing!