Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

‘ This Morning’ with Phil and Holly

(130 Posts)
DiscoDancer1975 Thu 21-Oct-21 12:31:28

Just thought I’d put this out there to see what others think. My daughter was telling me about an episode of ‘ This Morning’ she saw.

The basic gist was...a new mum phoned in with a problem. My daughter said the Agony Aunt is a granny, she’s seen her before, and she’s talked about her grandchildren.

The new mum has a month old baby, and the paternal grandparents are insisting that they visit the young couple in their home...for Christmas Day. The mum was saying she and her husband don’t want this. They want the first Christmas to be just them and their new baby. They certainly don’t want to be hosting.

The problem was put to this agony aunt, and my daughter said she basically said they should have the grandparents. It would be awful for them to “ miss out” on baby’s first Christmas. Phil seemed to agree, and most of the audience. I didn’t think there was an audience, but I never watch it. Holly tried to see it from the young mum’s point of view, but I think in the end, the young mum felt railroaded into agreeing she should have them for the day....and everyone cheered.

My daughter was gobsmacked by this....and so was I. There was no mention of her parents.

Sorry...I can’t do the link thing, but what do you think? Maybe some of you saw it. I know there are grandparents who seem to want to do it all again....they’re on here....but I felt this sounded so imposing I was speechless, which is unusual for me!

So...over to you.

DeeDe Mon 25-Oct-21 08:55:30

Talking of the THIS MORNING program
I’d like to see Allison and Someone take over from Phil and Holly… in my opinion their too full of self importance
grin

DiscoDancer1975 Mon 25-Oct-21 11:05:16

JaneJudge

DiscoDancer1975

Ps...one of you mentioned the Agony Aunt was Deidre from Dear Deidre. When we first married, we used to get The Sun, and I never agreed with any of her responses to problems.

Says it all really....

it was me smile

Thank you Jane. I was trying to find who it would have been on line, but it kept talking about the death of the previous one, who I did recognise, but still never saw the programme.

JaneJudge Mon 25-Oct-21 18:45:24

Denise used to do it, she was quite a lovely character

DiscoDancer1975 Wed 27-Oct-21 12:17:14

Hello..just a quick update. I spoke to my daughter about the responses I’d had on this thread. She went on Facebook to look for it. Apparently, this is where she had seen it...not on the tv. So the person who put it up was seething as well!
So here’s the link. It’s even worse than she remembered.
fb.watch/8UbwJYYpo-/