Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Toddler bed

(12 Posts)
Daisydaisydaisy Sat 03-Dec-22 07:50:49

Morning all

I need to purchase a folding comfortable bed for My 20 month year old Granddaughter ...recommendations please .

Thanks all☃️

Merry Christmas 😘🤶🎅

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 03-Dec-22 07:55:54

Will you be able to keep her in the bed?
We had the bars that folded up either side of a single bed when the GC s came to stay but they were older and would stay in bed when they were told too. We also used the waterproof mattress covers in case of accidents.
If you are going to keep the bed to use as she grows older or for other guests, then I guess the best quality fold up bed you can buy would be the best to get, rather than a foam fold out one.

ParlorGames Sat 03-Dec-22 08:08:14

Have a look at Ikea Lyksele single sofa beds. They are a really comfortable chair which folds out to a single bed that it probably 30cm or one foot from the floor. They have different grades of mattresses and nice covered for when it is 'chair mode'. Plus they are full length and would be perfect for when GD grows.

ParlorGames Sat 03-Dec-22 08:12:30

Oops......Covers......not covered.

MawtheMerrier Sat 03-Dec-22 08:18:59

At under 2 my GC still slept in a travel cot when they visited, but I did get an inflatable air bed with a “rim” for the in between stage where they were still likely to fall out of bed.
Here are 2 from Amazon -NB get or borrow an air pump!
It depends what you want to spend of course and how much use it will get but a specifically toddler bed however tempting seems a bit of a waste of money.

kittylester Sat 03-Dec-22 08:32:51

I was going to suggest a blow up bed - ours is Paw Patrol. Wolfie loved it!

BlueBelle Sat 03-Dec-22 08:36:49

Blow up fairy / princess anything she loves they come complete with sleeping bag now and are lovely and so easy to move/ remove and kids love them

BlueBelle Sat 03-Dec-22 08:37:42

Sorry didn’t see your post Maw yes that’s exactly the thing

Grannynannywanny Sat 03-Dec-22 08:59:50

If you happen to have an unoccupied normal bed I found these really good and used for all my grandchildren over the years. From a safety point of view they are only suitable for stopping a child tumbling out of bed. No use for a “climber”

It just slides under the mattress and folds flat when not in use. Added advantage it concertina’s enough to fit in a suitcase for use away from home.

Currently around £20 on Amazon.

Grannynannywanny Sat 03-Dec-22 09:04:02

I think the word I was looking for was telescopic but you know what I mean 😃

Witzend Sat 03-Dec-22 09:06:56

I used to use a larger size folding travel cot for Gdcs at that age. However the included mattress was very thin - I bought a cot mattress to fit.

In laws of a dd used some blow up thing with raised sides for one of theirs. DD did try it, but hers would never stay in it!

cornergran Sat 03-Dec-22 09:09:09

Agree with both suggestions. We have used the foldaway bed guard and an air bed. Both worked well One of ours shunned both, preferring to sleep wrapped in a duvet on the floor!