Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Jeans that fit

(81 Posts)
tanith Fri 24-Mar-23 07:36:24

Not just me then! I’m not sure men’s jeans would do as I’m pretty short and wouldn’t they be looser/baggy in the leg?

I researched it a bit and apparently jeans can be stretched when wet so picture me later on when they come out of the washing machine stretching the waist band for all I’m worth 🤣 we shall see if it works.

nanna8 Fri 24-Mar-23 05:39:10

I find the front zip pops open all the time . My stomach isn't that fat, though and it is only with jeans that happens. I wear long tops to hide the waist when I wear jeans.

Hetty58 Thu 23-Mar-23 23:19:24

I lost my waist long ago (four kids, menopause, old age) despite being slim. The answer is simple, though - buy men's jeans!

silverlining48 Thu 23-Mar-23 23:16:25

Yup sweet pea, it’s the same with me. Pears eh?

Sweetpeasue Thu 23-Mar-23 23:14:41

Thinl all our shapes are so different. I'm a 'pear' and I find jeans generally can be tight round bum and thighs and huge at the waist.

tanith Thu 23-Mar-23 22:44:58

Anyone else have this problem with jeans that fit the hips but are tight on the waist?
I buy jeans that fit nicely on my hips/legs but the waist is tight, if I buy them to fit my waist they are really baggy on my thighs and round my backside. I’ve not found an answer and I wear jeans a lot.