Ask a gran

One Positive thing

(119 Posts)
Carmen54 Tue 23-Jan-24 10:47:51

Hi all

I am trying to use positivity to get me through some tough times

Thought it would be a good idea to post one good thing that happened to me

Does not have to be every day

But if something good happens to you ..please post here for those of us that need hope and uplifting

Please make them not too long if possible just so that we are able to quickly jump on here and read something good positive and hopeful

Thank you

mamaa Tue 23-Jan-24 10:48:37

Nights are drawing out

Grannybags Tue 23-Jan-24 10:51:01

Feeling positive this morning as I’ve just had my first decent nights sleep since Christmas without coughing myself inside out!

crazyH Tue 23-Jan-24 10:55:13

Having my pedicure and eyebrows done today - hopefully , I’ll look boootiful 😂

Nannylovesshopping Tue 23-Jan-24 10:57:11

Spring is on its way😀

nanna8 Tue 23-Jan-24 11:01:52

I got an invite to my youngest great grandson’s first birthday.

Nansnet Tue 23-Jan-24 11:20:12

Collected my 5yo GD from school yesterday, and when we were getting out of the car she flung her arms around my neck, kissed my cheek, and said, 'I do love you Nannie'! Made my heart sing!

Bella23 Tue 23-Jan-24 12:22:21

I've got spring flowers and Witch hazel flowering in all the rain and wind.

keepcalmandcavachon Tue 23-Jan-24 13:00:33

Leftovers today, so don't have to cook!

JamesandJon33 Tue 23-Jan-24 13:53:06

Cleared our bedroom ready for a new carpet

hollysteers Tue 23-Jan-24 13:56:17

Love my heated throw in this windy cold weather.

2507C0 Tue 23-Jan-24 13:58:18

My beautiful and affectionate kitty cats always lift my heart 😻

Llamedos13 Tue 23-Jan-24 14:53:45

looking out at the winter wonderland of snow here in Ontario and so happy I dont have to go out today.

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 23-Jan-24 14:54:07

I only had one substitution on my Morrisons order today.

Arlme Tue 23-Jan-24 15:00:18

Went to my first aqua aerobics this morning, everyone was very friendly and helpful and I came out feeling very happy.

Siope Tue 23-Jan-24 15:09:07

I’m in Wales for a couple of days.

AGAA4 Tue 23-Jan-24 15:09:26

My lovely DD sent me a bunch of beautiful spring flowers as I've not been well for over a week.

halfpint1 Tue 23-Jan-24 15:21:04

My son demolished a built in cupboard/wardrobe today. It was useful but ugly and I've disliked it for 18 years. It's gone , bye bye and hello IKEA.

shysal Tue 23-Jan-24 15:26:00

My right knee is now almost pain-free after persevering with leg strengthening exercises and taking collagen capsules.

Shelflife Tue 23-Jan-24 15:29:57

Just got the all clear from my dentist!

downtoearth Tue 23-Jan-24 15:32:34

Re' joined Slimming World and at weigh in found I am not as fat as I thought I was.

Whiff Tue 23-Jan-24 15:54:08

Since my husband died I always find a positive from a negative. It's the only way I can get through my days for the last nearly 20 years.
Here 2 examples. Apologies who those have heard these before.

Was feeling grief overwhelming last year there where 2 wood pigeons on my fence the male went to mount the female he missed and fell into my garden. He flew back on the fence and walked towards the female she moved he went closer she looked at him and in my head I thought she was 'saying are you kidding me you fell off the fence ' then she flew off.

Another time must be couple of years ago it was raining and had some plants delivered . I am disabled a have to use a stick . I was going to have a new garden gate fitted that day. When in the garden I always have my garden gate open in case I fall. And I did fall. I have an artificial lawn . It was ok . Phoned the men and they where on their way but they got stuck in traffic . The negative is I fell and had to wait 15 mins before being recused. The positive was my wellies waterproof trousers and jacket kept me dry and warm. They picked me up and me being me finished planting the last 5 plants before I went in.

I always say to people try and find a positive from a negative it can be something silly like a cloud or a flower just anything you will find something to make you smile even on your darkest days . 😊

Marydoll Tue 23-Jan-24 16:01:25

I went to the shopping mall today, but needed to sit down as I wasn't feeling too good.
I noticed a very rough looking man sitting beside me. He asked if I was OK, as I appeared to be struggling. Then I dropped my stick and he said I reminded him of his mum, who could hardly walk. After explaining I just needed a rest before going to Tesco, he offered to go and get a trolley (which meant going out in the pouring rain) so that I had something to hold on too.
What a lovely and caring young man he was. Made my day.

Dee1012 Tue 23-Jan-24 16:11:03

I'd covered for a colleague who had to leave work early last week for a family emergency - today I received a really lovely message from her...really brightened my day.

Cabbie21 Tue 23-Jan-24 16:43:04

I left my bag behind at choir last night. I met up with the person who found it and we had a lovely long chat.