Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

How should I deal with this

(33 Posts)
Madwoman11 Sat 19-Sept-26 13:50:20

This may sound very petty and insignificant but it is really upsetting me.
I had a fall out with two local women and since then when I bump into them they are quiet intimidating. They glare at me constantly if I'm in a shop.
This nastiness has nearly made me housebound because it upsets me so much.
I had very good reason to fall out with them which I don't want to go into.
I would never be able to forgive these women for what they have put me through.

JaneJudge Sun 20-Sept-26 16:28:14

I can't stand women like this angry

Tell them to eff off

Plevey08 Sun 20-Sept-26 16:53:21

Spot on Chocolatelovinggran.

V3ra Mon 21-Sept-26 12:06:38

midgey

Smile and say good morning or whatever, that will annoy them so much!

Absolutely this.
"Good morning ladies, lovely day," with a big dazzling smile is the best way to wrong-foot them 😁
Practice in a mirror!

Don't worry about being unable to forgive them, you don't have to. You need to rise above the spiteful pair for yourself.

LovesBach Mon 21-Sept-26 12:25:56

Bullies are cowards - hence the pairing up. I would completely ignore them. What can they do? They must look pretty silly standing together and glaring at someone - and must both be a little bit deranged to behave like this. It is just like the playground, and most people grow out of that sad behaviour.

BlueBelle Mon 21-Sept-26 12:27:33

I agree with most on here but I would NOT speak to them I would certainly walk by with my head held high, but once you speak, you are putting yourself up for another snub and they will also think you want them to ‘ forgive you’ because they obviously consider it was your fault whatever the fall out was over.
So keep you dignity you do not need these people in your life,
it happens, I have a similar scenario going on at the moment the first time ‘we met’ she was getting off the bus as I got on I smiled and said ‘hello’ and got totally snubbed by the person who just turned her head away. She will not have a second chance to snub me. I also have no idea what I m supposed to have done and I have neither the energy or need to find out why. She can fiddle

Gmax3 Fri 25-Sept-26 04:24:00

I always appreciate reading comments from Cossy and Fallingstar ;-)
Down with bullies! They suck

nanna8 Fri 25-Sept-26 04:32:10

I agree with others. Ignore them , stupid women. They need to get a life, don’t they ?