Gransnet forums

Bereavement

My dear husband

(91 Posts)
annsixty Fri 19-Apr-19 06:48:20

I have posted on soops kitchen but would just like to tell people who know me that my dear husband died very peacefully yesterday.

We had a very long marriage of 60 years although the last 7 or so years were marred by his dementia.
I was with him, holding his hand as he slipped away and I am very ,very grateful for that

I am so tired now but feel at peace with the decisions I made for his last few months .

Coolgran65 Fri 19-Apr-19 06:54:35

Oh I am so sorry. So sad, And yet I can feel your peace. I wish I could give you a real hug. xx

nonnasusie Fri 19-Apr-19 07:01:43

I 'm so sorryflowers

jogginggirl Fri 19-Apr-19 07:09:33

Hopefully, your final, peaceful, goodbye will give you comfort over the coming weeks and months ann You have cared for your husband, and done everything you could to ensure a peaceful and dignified end. Sending love ❤️ and gentle hugs ? xxxx

absent Fri 19-Apr-19 07:13:26

It is so hard to say goodbye to someone you love, even when the last years have been so difficult. You have cared lovingly for your husband, even when he probably no longer seemed to be the man you married and you should have no regrets. Remember the good times, the happy times, the shared times, the special times – and cry when you want to cry. Perhaps one of his legacies is that he leaves behind a loving, thoughtful, caring and special wife. You should be proud of that! Please accept my condolences at such a hard time.

nanaK54 Fri 19-Apr-19 07:18:26

Sending kind thoughts flowers

tanith Fri 19-Apr-19 07:22:41

My thoughts are with you ?

Gagagran Fri 19-Apr-19 07:23:26

Dear Ann, my heartfelt condolences for your loss. You have been on such a hard path but your strength and care for your DH has shone through it all. You have been a real example to us all of how to cope as he slowly but surely slipped away from you. flowers

shandi6570 Fri 19-Apr-19 07:24:17

Sincere condolences annsixty, after all you have been through these last few months I'm so glad you were able to be with him and say goodbye at the end. Thinking of you. ?

morethan2 Fri 19-Apr-19 07:24:35

I’m sending my condolences and thinking of you annsixty your love and care for him shone through all your posts even during the darkest days. You never wavered in your devotion. The price of love is very high isn’t it. Hold tight ann Take care of yourself but more importantly let others take care of you.

Wobbles Fri 19-Apr-19 07:24:37

My sincere condolences on the loss of your dear husband flowers

Marelli Fri 19-Apr-19 07:25:19

Sending my condolences, Ann. Your love for your dear husband shone through your posts. That love will always be with you. Xx

breeze Fri 19-Apr-19 07:32:10

Sincere condolences ann flowers

Maggiemaybe Fri 19-Apr-19 07:41:40

So sorry to hear your news, ann. flowers

Grannyboots1 Fri 19-Apr-19 07:42:57

The love you had for husband shone through all your posts.
How wonderful to have shared his life for 60 years.

Niobe Fri 19-Apr-19 07:49:10

I have followed your posts annsixty and send you my deepest condolences on the loss of your husband. The next few weeks will be busy but don't forget to look after yourself now. flowers

Ginny42 Fri 19-Apr-19 07:53:04

Sorry to hear about your loss ann. Your love and devotion shone through your posts and he died peacefully with you holding his hand. What a lovely tribute to you. flowers

Brunette10 Fri 19-Apr-19 07:54:59

annsixty - I am so so sorry. I have read your posts and I know you have done everything for your husband. He is at peace now. Please accept my condolences at this difficult time, you have many good memories to hold. Sending hugs and flowers

Jane10 Fri 19-Apr-19 07:55:15

Oh ann. I'm so sorry. It's wonderful that you were there, as you have been for sixty years, right to the end. Now rest. thanks

ginny Fri 19-Apr-19 07:56:10

Sorry to hear your sad news. ?

merlotgran Fri 19-Apr-19 07:56:43

Very sorry to hear your sad news, Ann. A peaceful end with you by his side is something that will comfort you in times to come.

Auntieflo Fri 19-Apr-19 07:59:43

Ann, I am so sorry to hear your sad news about your dear husband, but also that he is now at peace.
Take care of yourself, rest and recover.
Sending gentle hugs and love to you this Easter.

BlueBelle Fri 19-Apr-19 08:01:16

My heartfelt thoughts go to you Ann how wonderful that you were able to be with him as he died he was not alone
I hope you can find some peace and adjustment knowing you did all you could
He is out of the pain of dementia

Nanabanana1 Fri 19-Apr-19 08:23:41

My thoughts are with you, remember to take care of yourself now?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 19-Apr-19 08:30:13

You were with him in his final moments which is a comfort. It sounds trite but he's not suffering any more.. His dementia must have been a great worry for you. flowers Hand holding here.