Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Mr Scribbles

(85 Posts)
Scribbles Tue 21-Jan-20 22:14:15

Many kind GNers have expressed their love and concern and said prayers for my OH after I told on the "Prayer" thread of his being hit by a car and seriously injured.

Sadly, there is no good news to report. Despite the skill and care of the dedicated team in ICU at Queens Medical Centre, his injuries proved insurmountable and the decision was made, with the full and informed support of Daughter and me, to withdraw life support.

I held his hand, that loving hand, as he died and know that we were right to let him suffer no further pain. But now I have to face a future without my best friend at my side and have no idea if or how I will cope.

The awfulness is compounded by the requirement for a Home Office post mortem which means it will be at least another week before we can have the death certificate and begin the turgid process of registering the death, notifying all and sundry bureaucratic bodies and arranging a funeral.

I know that many of you have trod this road before me and so will understand the lonely, lonely prospect of waking every day without him. Daughter, friends, neighbours, even the police are all wonderfully kind but nothing will ever make up for knowing that loving, gentle and steadfast man is gone forever and I will never hear his voice again.
Farewell, my darling.

Sparklefizz Thu 23-Jan-20 18:59:34

I'm so very sorry, Scribbles. flowers

kathsue Thu 23-Jan-20 19:21:27

So sorry for your loss scribbles flowers flowers

fatgran57 Sat 25-Jan-20 00:30:15

So very sorry.

Madmaggie Thu 20-Feb-20 11:01:23

Sending you love because I can't do anything practical to help.

Witzend Thu 20-Feb-20 11:23:13

Oh, goodness, I’m so very sorry to hear this, Scribbles, how devastating for you. Words seem so trite, I can send only much sympathy. xx

Bellanonna Thu 20-Feb-20 16:45:21

Another hug from me Scribbles

logansnanny Mon 24-Feb-20 18:21:43

So very sorry Scribbles.xx

Charleygirl5 Mon 24-Feb-20 18:28:34

So so sorry- one cannot put it into words.

polnan Tue 10-Mar-20 05:00:31

Scribbles... sending love your way.

I am only just finding my way round Gransnet and came across you here..

God be with you..

there are no words that can be said,, I see that your OH was dearly loved by many.... he was well blessed as are you..

just no words... lots of love winging your way.