Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Thank you, dear cyber friends

(54 Posts)
Scribbles Wed 19-Feb-20 22:58:41

Just that, really, to all who have expressed their care and support over recent weeks since OH's accident.

I haven't said much because I've been up to my neck in untangling a bureaucratic nightmare of ever increasing complexity. Every day is one step forward and two steps back. I won't even start to describe it all; it will only make me cry again. I do wonder though why the worst things seem to happen when we're feeling least equipped to deal with them.

One day, I hope to have it all sorted, to have found an equilibrium in the "new normal" that awaits, somewhere in the future.

However sh*tty things are, it is a great comfort to know I have good friends and supporters out there even though I've never met most of you. I'd love to hug you all, especially those who I know have huge problems of their own. So, thanks, everyone.

One day, I hope to be back on the silly games threads and going to meet ups again but, just for now, I beg to be excused.

kathyd Thu 20-Feb-20 11:27:30

Sympathy for your dealing with problems scribbles.

Chezabella Thu 20-Feb-20 12:01:08

I don’t know what to write, Scribbles, just sending you some love xx flowers

Jane10 Thu 20-Feb-20 12:26:22

Life is so hard sometimes. You poor thing Scribbles. Thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way. Good luck with the paperwork and associated shenanigans.

ALANaV Thu 20-Feb-20 12:27:15

Good luck Scribbles ….this is an awful time for you made worse by the circumstances of your loss. Thinking of you and sending a big hug [hug]

glammagran Thu 20-Feb-20 12:54:26

So sorry to hear of your loss Scibbles - I’d no idea. I hope you get resolution to your ongoing problems ASAP. ?

Dragonlover Thu 20-Feb-20 13:25:49

?

Keeper1 Thu 20-Feb-20 13:57:19

So very sorry Scribbles I haven’t seen any post about what has happened but if I am able to help in any way please message me I am only down the road.

glammanana Thu 20-Feb-20 14:07:18

Sending you sympathy Scribbles I know only too well what you are going through after losing my lovely John in December I still have to contend with the Coroners Office in March the bureaucracy s unrelenting I hope you find a way through it all,take all the help you can get.((hugs))

callgirl1 Thu 20-Feb-20 17:09:21

I`m not very good with words Scribbles, but send you all my best wishes and hugs, and will still be here waiting when you are ready to meet up again xx

Lupin Thu 20-Feb-20 17:32:18

So sorry that you have such an ordeal to get through. As you say, you will sort it all eventually. I hope you find lots of help where you are. My sympathies and best wishes.

eilyann Thu 20-Feb-20 18:28:18

scribbles Don't know your circumstances but obviously not good so thoughts and prayersflowers

Esmerelda Thu 20-Feb-20 18:50:20

Dear Scribbles, I didn't know your story (I've been away) but supporting others is one of the best things GN does so keep coming back when the way ahead seems impossible.
We will all be here to lend a sympathetic ear and let you know you are with friends. ❤

grannyrebel7 Thu 20-Feb-20 19:17:49

God bless you Scribbles xx

Luckygirl Thu 20-Feb-20 19:37:57

Scribbles - I do not know the circumstances of your loss, but I want to send you a hand hold. I have been very wrapped up in my own troubles, so I am sorry not to have been aware of those of others.

I know the sadness and the weight of emotion that you must be going through and I wish I could help in some way. The last thing you need is bureaucracy - it is so insensitive. I have had experience of that in the last few weeks and it feels like the last straw I know.

I hope they will leave you in peace in the course of time - it is too much for anyone.

The process of grieving is so hard, but I have had so much support from friends real and virtual and I so hope that you can feel the love and concern that is coming your way.

I will be hoping for a peaceful night for you. xx

Pantglas2 Thu 20-Feb-20 19:45:03

How lovely Luckygirl that you take the time to comfort Scribbles on her loss at a time of your own bereavement. Kind thoughts to you both x

varian Thu 20-Feb-20 19:46:04

All of us here are of a certain age, give or take a bit, and so we will all have either experienced the sadness that you have gone through so recently or, if we are lucky to have escaped it so far, have that fear or dread always at the back of our minds.

We hear your story and either think "I've been there" or "There but for the grace..."

All we can do on GN is to extend our sympathy, which may not be much help but is truly felt.

Urmstongran Thu 20-Feb-20 19:53:28

Well expressed by varian - I’d like to just send you these ? with a hug. x

BlueSapphire Thu 20-Feb-20 20:09:49

Thinking of you.

Bathsheba Thu 20-Feb-20 20:44:39

Scribbles although I was aware of your tragic loss, I don't know the back story, but it sounds as if it must have been a terrible shock to you, and completely unexpected. I am so sorry that you are now having to deal with the nightmare of bureaucracy, as if what you've been through hasn't been enough.

I echo varian's words in extending my sympathy, which is also truly felt flowers

Nandalot Fri 21-Feb-20 00:27:29

Thinking of you, Scribbles.

sharon103 Fri 21-Feb-20 00:46:02

I too haven't been aware of your circumstances Scribbles.
Sending love and flowers xxxx

Summerfly Fri 21-Feb-20 09:15:54

Sending love and hugs Scribbles. ?xxx

fatgran57 Sat 22-Feb-20 01:57:11

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

gillybob Sat 22-Feb-20 09:39:30

Oh Scribbles I can’t even begin to imagine how you are feeling right now .

I can never understand why the authorities make it so difficult for people at the worst of times, meaning you have to jump through hoop after hoop just to stand still . It’s not fair .

I hope you manage to get everything sorted soon. Your Gransnet friends are all thinking about you and sending much love and strength your way . flowers

vena11 Sat 22-Feb-20 10:15:57

Scribbles flowersflowers