Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Thank you, dear cyber friends

(54 Posts)
Scribbles Wed 19-Feb-20 22:58:41

Just that, really, to all who have expressed their care and support over recent weeks since OH's accident.

I haven't said much because I've been up to my neck in untangling a bureaucratic nightmare of ever increasing complexity. Every day is one step forward and two steps back. I won't even start to describe it all; it will only make me cry again. I do wonder though why the worst things seem to happen when we're feeling least equipped to deal with them.

One day, I hope to have it all sorted, to have found an equilibrium in the "new normal" that awaits, somewhere in the future.

However sh*tty things are, it is a great comfort to know I have good friends and supporters out there even though I've never met most of you. I'd love to hug you all, especially those who I know have huge problems of their own. So, thanks, everyone.

One day, I hope to be back on the silly games threads and going to meet ups again but, just for now, I beg to be excused.

POGS Sat 22-Feb-20 11:47:14

Scribbles.

Please allow me to send another hug from a virtual friend. flowers

Luckygirl Sat 22-Feb-20 12:48:37

I am thinking of you - we are both walking a similar road and I know how very hard it can be.

Here is a hand hold and warm wishes and strength to deal with the bureaucrats - I hope all that burden will be sorted soon, so you can concentrate on finding happy memories to sustain you. I do know that it is hard to dredge these up at this moment, but be assured they are there waiting to comfort you as time goes by.

flowers xx

Scribbles Sat 22-Feb-20 22:39:47

Luckygirl, that's so kind. Here is my hand in return?. I have read and been moved by your story. Your OH was fortunate to have you in his corner. Today has been a better day, tearful but calmer and my BP may be closer to normal. I must learn patience to deal with things instead of always wanting them done NOW. My impatience used to exasperate OH who was a very laid-back person.

Take care as you walk your own rocky road into your new life and remember that, like me, you are lucky in that we both know we were loved.
flowers

And, again, thanks to everyone for your kindness and support. Some of your kind comments have reduced me to tears but in a good way.