Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Heard my name called

(104 Posts)
Scribbles Sat 29-Feb-20 10:57:28

I've met several people who have experienced this, the closest being my grandfather, who heard my gran calling his name several times after her death. The first time, he phoned me in a panic, worried that he might be in need of psychiatric help because he was "hearing things". I did my best to reassure him and it helped that he encountered someone else not long afterwards who had had a similar experience.

I wish I could hear OH calling my name. He had a lovely voice and I miss it so much. For some reason, I can't "hear" it in my head and I always delete my voicemail when I've heard it so I have no recording of him.

GagaJo Sat 29-Feb-20 10:43:05

No deaths or loss of anyone at all in relation to this BUT I definitely experienced this in the middle of the night about 6 years ago. Woke me from a deep sleep.

GrandmaJan Sat 29-Feb-20 10:43:02

Yes I’ve experienced this a few times in the last few years. My mother died 16 years ago and my father 14 years ago but it’s just in the last few years I’ve heard them, particularly my mum.

TrendyNannie6 Sat 29-Feb-20 10:40:57

After Both my parents died, and quite a few years between both of their passings, I distinctly heard them call my name, my dad did within the first week, and my mum did few days after she’d passed, I will also add I definately was NOT dreaming and it was in the early hours, Anyone Else experienced this