Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Coffee in gaden

(38 Posts)
colournanny Mon 25-May-20 09:20:30

Hi everyone I’m a bit confused !!!! Friend has asked if hubby & I would like to go round & sit in garden with them & have a coffee & chat Can we?
Thanks

Jane10 Mon 25-May-20 22:27:56

shock is that really a photo from today? If so. Yikes. We're all doomed.

Chewbacca Mon 25-May-20 22:34:45

I'll chip in a tenner for the "Free MerrylStreep" campaign too because her barrister can then act for me. I've spent this afternoon sat in my back garden, chatting to a friend whilst having afternoon tea. And I have no regrets! grin

Callistemon Mon 25-May-20 22:43:34

a tenner
Goodness!
I can manage 2s and 6d.

She's worth every penny.

MerylStreep Mon 25-May-20 23:02:12

Thank you for the support girls. Fortunately the police here in Southend are too busy going after the county lines drug dealing scroats.
All contributions gratefully received, though, just in case ?

Callistemon Mon 25-May-20 23:07:13

I could manage 10 bob at a pinch.

Hetty58 Mon 25-May-20 23:14:56

People really are like sheep. it's a case of 'Well, they're doing it - so I'm going to do it too'. Quite pathetic lame excuses will continue until a family member is lost. I know somebody who's lost five family members. She never goes out.

Furret Tue 26-May-20 08:41:20

That’s exactly the opposite of my thinking Hetty. Aren’t we oldies being like sheep when we obey illogical lockdown rules?

Seriously - I could have my cleaner back. I could use public transport. I can go to supermarkets and have takeaways delivered. I can go to the park. I can walk along a pavement.

These are all situations where some people fail to observe safe distancing and put me at risk ... but these are the rules we are told to obey - even though they carry risk.

But I cannot ask my family, who would only be a group of 3-4, to come into my garden and sit well away from us? We offer no drinks or toileting. I’d say this carries minimal risk (until the children return to school) and is far safer than some of the activities it is legal to do.

Wouldn’t you agree?

bikergran Tue 26-May-20 09:43:17

Yes go and enjoy a little chat and a coffee, just use common sense.

Callistemon Tue 26-May-20 10:03:34

I agree, Furret.

Furret Tue 26-May-20 12:09:17

Thank you Callistemon. I certainly wouldn’t put anyone at risk and I understand about the transmission of ‘germs’, barrier nursing etc.

littleflo Wed 27-May-20 07:32:22

I thought that, from Sunday we can meet in groups of 10.

Daisymae Wed 27-May-20 08:15:44

A friend has drinks with her neighbour over the fence. I can't see any difference.