Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Golden Wedding

(77 Posts)
Luckygirl Thu 13-Aug-20 15:27:25

Next Wednesday it would have been our Golden Wedding anniversary. But he died in February.

I had been doing OK, ticking along from day to day; but just thinking about this milestone next week is completely undoing me. We have always had jolly celebrations on our landmark anniversaries: a ceilidh for silver, and for the ruby a wonderful day at a local manor house, where friends and family all went for a lovely walk, then a meal in the barn with a classical guitarist entertaining while we ate. Lovely happy events to look back on.

I just have no idea what I will do with myself next Wednesday - I just feel like crawling into a hole and giving up. Just writing this has me in tears.

What did others do on these post-bereavement landmark days? Anyone got any suggestions that might help?

Luckygirl Wed 19-Aug-20 17:51:23

Thank you all.

I have received so many kindnesses today - some sweet and thoughtful cards, a bunch of flowers and my DDs have bought me a lovely cherry tree to plant in my new garden (in the fullness of time). I have just come back from putting the roses on his grave - in the wet - and am going over to one DD for socially-distanced tea. Nearly got through the day.....not long to go.