Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Jingles

(111 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

glassortwo Sat 13-Feb-21 13:30:55

Hi All,
Been a while since I last visited Gransnet but I have had such sad news this morning that I had to share.
Jingles who was one of Gransnets first members sadly passed away on Thursday after recovering well from a hip replacement after a fall, but then on Wednesday she suffered a pulmonary embolism and sadly passed away in hospital.
Those of us that remember Jingle will do so with fond memories of her sparky personality and lively debate, I will miss her.

Poppyred Mon 15-Feb-21 12:46:01

Jingleson very sorry for your loss.

Blinko Mon 15-Feb-21 13:09:07

Sending heartfelt condolences, Jingleson. She was such a character and will be sadly missed here on GN, as well as elsewhere, I imagine. flowers

jingleson Tue 16-Feb-21 09:39:17

Hey everyone. Thank you so much for all the amazing messages. It really means something to me that my mum touched so many lives through here.

Cherrytree59 that's a great idea.

Matriark Tue 16-Feb-21 10:03:20

That’s so sad! I’ve had a telling off or two from Jings over the years ? but I loved her brio and zest for life. Condolences to her family x

jogginggirl Tue 16-Feb-21 17:56:00

Hi Jingleson Your mum was a very funny lady with a very soft centre. She once gave me some excellent advice (privately) and I have never forgotten her kindness ❤️
So sad to hear this news, my sympathies to all of her family xx

glammagran Tue 16-Feb-21 21:58:04

So sorry to hear about Jingles. I must admit I didn’t know who she was until I read she was aka Gonegirl and then the penny dropped. RIP ??

M0nica Tue 16-Feb-21 22:08:18

i remember Jingles from the start. She was really such a lively unpredictable person and ran rings round GN HQ. In fact hers is one of the few names from the beginning I can instantly remember

Oddly enough I was thinking of her only today when a thread now taken down, was talking about people who had been banned. She was the only person I actually knew who had been banned.

They say we all have our 15 minutes of fame. That so many have responded to news of her death, shows that her 15 minutes has gone on and on and many will continue to remember wth affection for a long time to come..

My deepest condolences to all her family.

glammanana Tue 16-Feb-21 22:14:22

I am so sad to read this news Jingles was such a good friend since the beginning we often chatted via PMs about our DGSs who where similar ages swapping ideas about gifts for them,she will be greatly missed condolences to her loving family.

NfkDumpling Tue 16-Feb-21 22:16:10

Thank you Glass for letting us know. I grew quite fond in a weird virtual sort of way of your Jingley mum Jingleson. It took a while to realise her in her latest incarnation. (((Hugs))) to you Jingleson and all your family.

cornergran Tue 16-Feb-21 23:02:00

Thank you for posting jingleson, your Mum was both courageous and kind here, she has been and will be much missed. My condolences to you and the rest of the family.