Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Suicide Bereavement

(82 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 26-Jul-21 12:17:43

Anyone living with the grief caused by the death of a loved one through suicide ?

MrsKen33 Wed 24-Aug-22 12:38:47

Yes Annie. DH’s brother less than a year ago.

Sago Wed 24-Aug-22 16:25:51

Not a child Annie but a dear friend, someone who made us laugh until we cried, his sharp wit and great timing were something to behold.
Our 3 children adored him, we all miss him still.

As two families for over 20 years we all had an annual pilgrimage to SW Scotland in May, we haven’t had the heart to return.
I’m crying now writing this thinking how he probably felt inside as he had us all holding our sides.

Like your daughter Annie he will never be forgotten, we have to find a way to move on and for us his close friends it took some years to realise that we could never have done anything to stop him.

He is at peace.

I wish I could take some of your pain.

Libman Wed 24-Aug-22 17:12:50

Thinking of you Annie. I wasn’t on GN at the time but having read through this lovely supportive thread, it’s clear you should be proud of what you did for your daughter and her children. It sounds like you have been very busy holding everyone else up and it’s only now you have time to think about your own grief. Grief never goes away, we just learn to incorporate it into our lives going forward. Anniversaries can be difficult times but perhaps you should consider talking to someone if you continue to find it difficult to cope? Your daughter is loved, honoured and remembered. Be kind to yourself. Xx

Ps this thread has restored my faith in the GN community.

MerylStreep Wed 24-Aug-22 17:21:58

This is relatively Old thread. I don’t think Annie will be reading it.

biglouis Wed 24-Aug-22 17:29:32

Taking your own life is the most powerful statement you can make about how you believe the world has treated you.

No one else can ever understand that.

SunshineSally Wed 24-Aug-22 17:42:09

Suem51

I'm recently bereaved by suicide. My sone died intestate in June, leaving two girls aged 8 & 4. He was separated from his partner, sharing the care of his girls 50/50. His ex is now demanding items of furniture and tools from the house . How can I deal with this?

Hi Suem51

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss.

I can’t advise I’m afraid, but would suggest that you start a new thread rather than tag on to an old post so as not to cause any distress to the original poster. It would also enable others to respond direct to you rather than them thinking they were responding to the original poster.

Take care x