Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Q & A with Emma Thompson

(37 Posts)
lucid Fri 24-Aug-12 13:46:32

Would Nanny McPhee approve of this new book? I think she would smile

stephgr Fri 24-Aug-12 02:33:47

do you think it might be time for Peter to have a girlfriend or perhaps a boyfriend?

grannyactivist Thu 23-Aug-12 23:59:21

Hello Emma. I wonder, do you remember your first meeting with Peter Rabbit, or was he always 'just there' with you from when you were a child and you have no memory of how or when he came into your life?

Gally check out the link here and you may be reassured.

Gally Thu 23-Aug-12 23:48:32

I have just googled you and gone into Penguin Publishers and found that 'Two sumptious new Peter Rabbit Books' will be available, but not yet, to the public for the magnificent sum of £110 shock. Crikey Emma - poor Beatrix Potter must only have dreamed of a sum like that grin. I'm not sure what to think about a new Peter book. I think things are well left alone. I have read one or two other follow-ups by modern authors and have felt - well - disappointed. I'm sure it will be a lovely tale but I think I am inclined to say just let Peter Rabbit remain the Peter Rabbit we Grans have in our minds and let him rest! (Although once I have read/seen the book I may change my mind.........hmm

GrannyB2005 Thu 23-Aug-12 19:50:42

will Peter visit Balmoral to see the Queen and sample the carrots in the kitchen garden?

tanith Thu 23-Aug-12 19:24:17

Could Peter .......... is what it should of said..

tanith Thu 23-Aug-12 19:23:31

Could join in the Rabbit Highland Games I wonder? can't you just see all those rabbits with their kilts on?

lacemaker Thu 23-Aug-12 19:15:56

I wonder if Peter Rabbit will go to Edinburgh Zoo to visit the Pandas

janmast Thu 23-Aug-12 18:38:56

Will Peter see the Loch Ness monster?

jeni Thu 23-Aug-12 18:30:44

Is he going to meet 'The old man of lochmaghar?'

jd5761 Thu 23-Aug-12 17:51:09

Did you always picture Peter Rabbit going to Scotland when you read it as a child?

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 23-Aug-12 12:13:38

We are delighted to be doing a Q & A with Emma Thompson on 7 September to celebrate the publication of "The Further Tale of Peter Rabbit".

This is the 24th tale in the existing collection of Peter Rabbit stories and the first time that Frederick Warne has published as additional title to Beatrix Potter's original series.

In this beautifully illustrated book, Peter's adventures take him all the way to Scotland where he meets the gentle ginat Finlay McBurney.

Emma was inspired to set the tale there and create this new character by her knowledge of Beatrix Potter's childhood holidays there.

We also have a signed copy to give away - to enter simply add your question below. Emma will pick her favourite on the day.