Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Gangsta Granny - kids' book of the month for March

(34 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 19-Mar-13 15:14:43

The books have now been sent out - so if you get one in the next day or two don't forget to let us know what you think on this thread. There's a fabulous prize for one gransnetter who posts...so if you fancy owning a SIGNED box set of David Walliams novels you know what to do! Draw will be made at random on Tuesday 2nd April

stephgr Mon 25-Mar-13 23:19:41

I haven't received any books to review but would dearly love to win a signed boxset...

Lorelei Thu 28-Mar-13 15:32:39

I haven't read his books yet but know he is a great writer and have been reading rave reviews about his children's books for a while now; I also saw one written by him on tele recently and thought it was brilliant so I would love to win a set of his books to share with my nieces and nephews as well as my grandson. Fingers crossed for a little bit of luck to come my way now

wallers5 Thu 28-Mar-13 17:57:24

My grandchildren love the idea of me being naughty. A fun book that suits quite a few ages & the title is intriguing. Illustrations clever too. What a talented man David is.

nonnanna Fri 29-Mar-13 08:33:38

Oh David Walliams - What have you done? Gangsta Granny is brilliant. I finished it in a couple of hours, had to approve of it for reading to the grandchildren you understand. I've since read it to two separate groups of GC aged between five and eight. All of them loved it and found it highly amusing. I offered it to another GS aged 11 but he already has it and said how much he had enjoyed it. The five year old was a little obsessed by Granny's death and that instigated a long Q&A session. Simple answers only, I must add. We then trotted off to the cemetery where more questions followed. Hopefully I gave the right answers as parents haven't contacted me with any come back or reports of nightmares. Any book that opens up communication and understanding is excellent and David Walliams Gangsta Granny certainly did this for us.

preety18 Fri 29-Mar-13 19:19:23

Fantastic story for both kids and adults.Another one of our favourite off David Walliams.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 02-Apr-13 15:07:25

We put all your names into a big wooly hat (belonging to LaraGransnet) and the name we pulled out is.......

nonnanna

Congratulations. we hope you are braced for a few more Q&A sessions! Look out for an email from us.

nonnanna Wed 03-Apr-13 19:11:51

grin Thank you so much. I have much to thank wooly hats for today. It's been so cold and windy here. Mine kept my ears warm and Lara's chose me...I feel like Harry Potter. Ooops...wrong author. I'm so excited, I can't wait for the parcel to arrive. Thank you Gransnet flowers

femjh Thu 29-Aug-13 22:33:45

This was a great read the kids loved it and wanted to start it over again as soon as we had finished! Full of laughs and sadness but a great tale.