Gransnet forums

Books/book club

The Twins - live webchat with Saskia Sarginson 11 Sept 1-2pm

(56 Posts)
Gorki Thu 15-Aug-13 11:34:42

Many thanks for this book which arrived this morning. I am very much looking forward to reading it as I think twins are fascinating and I am waiting to see how this novel develops.

SaskiaSarginson Wed 11-Sep-13 13:58:26

threesugars

How do you get yourself into a zone where you can write 'darkly'? Do you find it filters through to your everyday life? Or how do you shake it off come the end of a writing day?

I find it comes quite naturally! Don't know if it says anything about me as a person. I think the things that I am drawn to exploring through fiction tend to lead me into dark areas. I don't find that the darkness lingers, luckily. I tend to switch off my computer and immediately have to walk dogs or find my son's football boots or something - so real life grabs at me! Love the question - thanks.

SaskiaSarginson Wed 11-Sep-13 14:00:03

Bonsai

Hello! Welcome to Gransnet smile What are your twins like with their other siblings? I imagine twins can be quite cliquey?

They certainly were when they were little! They have learnt to be more sociable as they've got older and now they like having individual friends - though usually they end up going out in a threesome!

SaskiaSarginson Wed 11-Sep-13 14:02:20

Nellyphant

Hello Saskia

I've just started the book and it's hard to put down! My neighbour has 8-year-old identical girls who love pretending to be each other. I wondered if your daughters have ever tried that (and did they fool you if they did?)

So glad you're liking the book!
Actually, my girls never have pretended to be each other. (Thank goodness!) I think they are more concerned that people see them as themselves and they do get very cross when people get them confused!

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 11-Sep-13 14:02:55

Thank you so much to Saskia - and we are all looking forward to reading the next one!

Cagsy Tue 01-Oct-13 17:36:20

I loved this book, the depth of the characters, the descriptions of the countryside and wildlife and the meandering narrative. Thank you.