Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Mutton: live webchat with India Knight Tues 24 Sept 12-1pm

(83 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 12-Sep-13 11:00:34

No doubt the recipients of the free copies of Mutton, our latest book club choice are giggling their way through it as we are.

And now the chance to ask India Knight all about the book, fishnet tights and "American" teeth...

She joins us live on Tues 24 Sept at 12. Add your questions now and join us then.

IndiaKnight Tue 24-Sep-13 13:00:18

ilikecourgettes

Hello! Welcome to Gransnet. I'm quite new myself!

Out of all the books you've written, which one is your favourite?

ilikecourgettes (I do too) For sentimental reasons, a picture book for toddlers called The Baby. Other than that, the one I'm working on is always my favourite at the time.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 24-Sep-13 13:00:25

Now craving a flourless chocolate cake. And a wheel of brie. And red wine. And chocolate...

Many thanks India for joining us.

We are looking forward to the next book.

IndiaKnight Tue 24-Sep-13 13:01:03

Wallygrom

hi India - will there be a follow up book to Mutton?

Wallygrom - Possibly. I'm doing this non-fiction version of Mutton next.

IndiaKnight Tue 24-Sep-13 13:01:35

woof

Hello! I'm intrigued about your 'relationship' with Liz Jones. I'm not a big fan of her columns. I read somewhere that you worked with her at Mirabella. Has she always been so reckless with her friendships and ready to spill the beans?

Woof - She used to be lovely. Really.

IndiaKnight Tue 24-Sep-13 13:03:49

RScake - Thanks and I pick the titles. I know what you mean... but I do think it's a good 'what it says on the tin' title. It's really hard (I've tried) to convey domesticity and family life in a title without it sounding a bit overly cosy.

IndiaKnight Tue 24-Sep-13 13:04:20

I think I'm done taps watch. Thanks very much for having me!

hummingbird Tue 24-Sep-13 13:34:11

Thanks, India - and of course, good old GN!