Gransnet forums

Books/book club

November book club - The Girl in the Red Coat

(106 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 02-Nov-15 11:23:27

Hopefully our winners should have received their copies of this month's book club choice - more details here

Once you've had a chance to read, don't forget to leave your comments and your questions for author Kate Hamer here. We will be sending them over to her at the end of the month/

Maggiemaybe Sat 07-Nov-15 23:28:11

Has anyone received a copy of this yet? I wasn't lucky enough to get the last two, so was hoping to be lucky this time, but nothing so far....

baNANAGran3 Mon 09-Nov-15 19:05:56

No, I applied but haven't been lucky either! Have just looked on the Kindle Store and debating whether to download it - it does look good. Have just found this thread, been enjoying reading everyones' conversations for a while so thought it's about time I said something. Is this where the comments about the book will be?

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 09-Nov-15 19:49:03

Ooh I will check they have been sent out!

downtoearth Mon 09-Nov-15 20:11:20

I also applied and just assumed I had been unlucky

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 10-Nov-15 10:58:59

Hmmm- just checked and they were all sent out a while ago so somewhere out there we hope there are 100 gransnetters so engrossed in the book that they've not yet had time to post!!

Liz46 Tue 10-Nov-15 12:30:31

I didn't get one either.

appygran Tue 10-Nov-15 12:41:37

Looks like a good read, have just downloaded it to my kindle

Pittcity Tue 10-Nov-15 14:00:44

I didn't get one, so am waiting for the reviews before splashing out.

gillogg Tue 10-Nov-15 17:29:43

Perhaps someone who has received one could let us all know.
I keep waiting for the postman to call.

baNANAGran3 Thu 12-Nov-15 15:44:15

I also have downloaded it to my kindle and am about a third of the way through and am finding it very hard to put down. The mother and child narrate alternating chapters. The child doesn't actually realise that she is lost because of the circumstances - don't want to spoil anything by saying any more! Pittcity I would highly recommend it so far. Just for interest, I recently downloaded the kindle app (free) to my iPhone which syncs the books on the kindle. As I haven't got a backlit kindle, the big advantage for me is that I can read a few chapters during the night on my phone. (I know, I know, shouldn't read screens at night but it doesn't seem to affect me, I can still nod off again while reading!)

Greenfinch Thu 12-Nov-15 18:31:45

Very unusual that no-one has acknowledged receiving one. Perhaps they have been hi-jacked by the Post Office.confused

Like others I applied but did not get one.

Gagagran Sat 14-Nov-15 07:50:00

I applied but didn't get one either. There's something unusual about this.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Sat 14-Nov-15 18:53:28

I checked with the publishers and they assure me they have been sent out - but yes, most odd. Will check again. Meanwhile its 99p on kindle daily deal today for anyone who fancies!

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 16-Nov-15 10:04:04

Books being sent out today! Sorry for the delay - there was a a blip but we are told it has now been sorted so to those who receive - enjoy and don't forget to post!

Pittcity Tue 17-Nov-15 10:01:38

Mine has just dropped through the letterbox, hooray smile

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 17-Nov-15 10:24:47

Excellent - may this be the beginning of a postal flurry - can't wait to hear your thoughts (and questions)

shysal Tue 17-Nov-15 11:30:16

My copy has just arrived. Many thanks.

annodomini Tue 17-Nov-15 12:14:45

Mine too! I'd come to the conclusion that either I hadn't applied for it or I hadn't been successful. Thanks. It looks quite absorbing.

weather Tue 17-Nov-15 12:17:40

I have just received a copy of The Girl in the Red Coat from Faber and Faber Ltd post marked 16/11/15 thankyou so much... must just finish the book I am reading but will come back to let you know what I thought of it

Grannyjacq1 Tue 17-Nov-15 14:08:04

Received my copy today and can't wait to start reading it. Thank you, Gransnet!

merlotgran Tue 17-Nov-15 16:06:52

Mine arrived at lunchtime. Thank you, Gransnet.

northernfi Tue 17-Nov-15 16:34:08

My book waiting for me when I got home today - lovely, thank you!

emmasnan Wed 18-Nov-15 13:00:57

I received my copy yesterday, thank you.

yogagran Wed 18-Nov-15 22:20:52

I've been away for a few days and missed the Amazon Daily Deal for this book, very annoyed! angry