Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Win £700 worth of the best books of 2015!

(706 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 10-Nov-15 10:26:09

Yes, it's that time of year again - and may we now present this year's round up of the best reads for the festive season.

Something for everyone - and a chance for one person to win every single book featured on the page...a prize haul worth OVER £700!!

So how to enter? Simple! Tell us about your favourite book...in 140 characters or less.

All qualifying entries will be popped into our giant Santa hat and a winner will be pulled out at midday on Tuesday 8 December...to give us plenty of time to get the HUGE box of goodies over to you before the festive season begins.

flossiecrossie Tue 08-Dec-15 12:33:34

I read David Gregory Roberts' Shantaram a couple of years ago and ws thoroughly engrossed for the 1000+ pages. Whilst it is a true story it is incredulous. It is uplifting in parts, tragic in others and overall an amazing story of an incredible man.

adele931 Tue 08-Dec-15 14:01:32

Game of Thrones....The books are utterly amazing smile

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 08-Dec-15 15:16:57

Goodness. Slightly cross-eyed from counting...but we did indeed put all qualifying entries (140 characters or less, not including title) into our large Santa hat (see OP) and pulled out one lucky winner.

To Kill a Mockingbird has it all, courage, humour, humanity, a strong message against inequality of various guises, a book to get lost in was their entry...

Yes, icyalittle you will be the recipient of a very large box of books. You may need to give the postman a mince pie or two grin

Congratulations - an email heading your way shortly.

superscot Tue 08-Dec-15 22:58:24

Fabulous. l am medically retired since 1998 and l have read so many good books. My favourite is The Ghost of White Hart Lane about John White of Falkirk, Spurs and Scotland by Rob White and Julie Welch. It is the best book covering the life and times of the Scottish legend killed by a bolt of lightning in 1964 at 27 yrs. of age

Icyalittle Wed 09-Dec-15 07:59:25

I can't believe I've won this! Thank you so much, I'm thrilled.