Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Raynor Winn - The Salt Path

(27 Posts)
TerriBull Tue 06-Apr-21 16:46:09

I've been reading The Salt Path, such a fantastic book. Wanting to find out some more about the author, Raynor Winn, I've been Googling her. There appears to be a couple of obituaries for her, this rather conflicts with other articles and her Wikipedia page. I really hope that isn't the case having overcome so many difficulties. I know this book was a favourite on GN maybe last year or even further back. I wonder if anyone else has read anything about how she is doing now or her husband who was diagnosed with a terminal illness when they were doing their long coastal walk along the south west coast of England. I know she has also written a follow up to the SP which I will definitely read too now I've enjoyed this one so much.

MayBee70 Wed 05-May-21 18:45:53

Nine. Have you read the Derek Tangye books about Cornwall. I only mention this because I used to love them many years ago. Whether they were good or not I don’t know but I loved them at the time. Ilived in Cornwall for a while so they must have rang true with me. I might dig one out and re read it.