Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Gransnet World Book Day 2 March 2023

(34 Posts)
MawtheMerrier Mon 27-Feb-23 21:44:25

So it’s World Book Day on Thursday.
Why should the children have all the fun!
So here’s your heads-up to give some thought to what you will wear on Gransnet on Thursday, which character you will come as, from what book and why?

I might come as Scarlett O’Hara, but frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn. ( Also that might be type casting, so maybe I need to give it more thought )
Rosie wants to be Spot the Dog
Can’t wait to see who you choose!

Blossoming Thu 02-Mar-23 16:38:24

I will be Arya from Game of Thrones. The book, not the TV series. I have some black skinny trousers, knee boots and a leather jacket. I’ll make my walking stick look like a sword grin

eazybee Thu 02-Mar-23 19:18:16

I watched a lady vicar recite 'When I am an old woman'and at the end she reached for a Bishop's mitre.

grandMattie Thu 02-Mar-23 19:22:32

I always had a soft spot for Jo in “Little Women”.
Perhaps the “Lessons in Chemistry” protagonist whose name I’ve forgotten…. now there’s a feminist!

downtoearth Thu 02-Mar-23 19:26:53

I love the childrens book The Wonky Donkey,and cannot read it without collapsing into giggles to my 4 year DGD.

I am very much a Wonky Donkey with 2 dodgy hips, so I will be The Wonkey Donkey...Hee Haw.

NotSpaghetti Thu 02-Mar-23 19:28:00

Do we have to post photos of us dressed up 🫣 ?

Georgesgran Thu 02-Mar-23 19:32:37

DGS1’s school has had a pyjama and bring a favourite soft toy day today, rather than expect parents to fork out for a one-off outfit. I thought that a good idea. I think I’d like to be Snow White as she was surrounded and loved animals.

Marydoll Thu 02-Mar-23 20:16:58

My husband used to jokingly call me The Wicked Witch of the West. In my defence, I was menopausal at the time
My children found it very amusing.
I even have am broomstick! wink

notgoneyet Thu 02-Mar-23 20:35:29

My 4-year-old twin greatgrandsons went as Thing One and Thing Two ("human-like twins who caused havoc" - very apt) from Dr Seuss The Cat in the Hat. Their hair was sprayed with blue wash out hair dye, and they wore bright red Gap track suits lol