Gransnet forums

Charities

Royalties going to Age Uk

(109 Posts)
broomsticks Mon 26-Nov-12 16:34:51

Hello. I have recently had an e-book published (traditional publisher) and it is available on Amazon for kindles.
I wrote it to cheer myself up after a grim few years trying to look after parents and friends in their nineties and either ill or with dementia.
I am donating the first year of royalties to Age Uk so if you want something silly for Christmas please have a look!
My book of Fairy Tales for the mature (black humour) is up on Amazon published by Ecanus books. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Broomsticks-Walking-Sticks-Zimmer-ebook/dp/B00A93ZK9E/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1353248657&sr=8-26
Broomsticks, Walking Sticks and Zimmer Frames, Sue Moorhouse
www.amazon.co.uk
Fairy Tales for the Mature. 'Why is it always the young and glamorous - the beautiful princesses and handsome princes - who dominate fairy tales? These fun, adult, fairy tales are written from the viewpoint of the older characters, for example Red Riding Hoods grandma, the matron of Rapunzel's boarding school and the witch in Hansel and Gretel.
Hope this link works. I'm a bit incompetent.

annodomini Tue 07-May-13 09:51:07

You could give a virtual signature on a Kindle copy... grin

broomsticks Wed 08-May-13 10:17:49

Actually you can grin grin. Don't ask me how though. It's all a bit beyond me.

broomsticks Thu 27-Jun-13 19:06:59

Just got my first pro. review. Quite pleased.
Broomsticks, Walking Sticks and Zimmer Frames by Sue Moorhouse

Posted by AAAuthor on Jun 10, 2013 in Book Reviews, PRESS RELEASES | 0 comments

Broomsticks, Walking Sticks and Zimmer Frames
Paperback edition
4 of 5 stars
Review by Kim Heimbuch

When I first read the cover, “Fairy Tales for the Mature,” I was thinking more along the lines of adult content such as violence, sexual content, drugs etc. However, I was surprisingly wrong. Author Sue Moorhouse takes all of the quintessential tales from our childhood and delightfully molds them into their own farcical story from an adults perspective.
Fairy Godmothers living in care homes with dementia, old sour goats picking on the kids all while calling them troublemakers despite instigating all confrontations, and a Big Bad Wolf who takes working for the government a little to far are just a few of the stories you will encounter in this short read. Moorehouse delivers a witty and fresh perspective from an array of supporting characters, breathing new life into our beloved stories from the past. Each story finds you questioning what if the tales we have known and loved our entire lives were entirely one sided or seen differently through the eyes of another?
While this is a very quick read at right around 100 pages, you won’t be able to put it down and will be a book highly recommended and enjoyed by all who pick it up.

broomsticks Mon 30-Sep-13 17:55:07

Anyone wanting an e copy its on special offer 77p or 99c at the moment.
Not much good for making money for Age Uk though I'm afraid.

broomsticks Tue 15-Oct-13 10:46:51

Made about £150 (3 to be exact) for local Age Uk. Now switching to giving any more royalties to Alzheimers Soc. so this will be my last post on this noticeboard as it's an Age Uk site. smile

Anne58 Tue 15-Oct-13 10:56:17

I don't think it's exclusively Age UK?

JessM Tue 15-Oct-13 11:47:09

Phoenix if Broomsticks says she is donating her first year's royalties to charity then what is the doubt. It is astonishingly hard to self publicise and sell ebooks if you are not being promoted by a major pubilsher.
Well done broomsticks. I agree with the review.

broomsticks Wed 16-Oct-13 12:00:18

Maybe Gransnet supports Alzheimers soc. too. I don't know. It's unlikely to be a big money donation but better than nothing I guess. smile. You're dead right about it being hard to get books noticed Jess!