Gransnet forums

Chat

First Grandchild has arrived and SHE'S a BOY!!!!???

(51 Posts)
Angelwispa Fri 27-May-11 10:20:27

I'm no longer a GIW, baby arrived on Tuesday after a prolonged labour and to everyone's surprise, shock, SHE's a BOY!!

Previously my daughter had a scan and the hospital CONFIRMED that the baby was a little girl, so we have all duly bought lots of lovely girly stuff and he surprised us all, not least Mummy and Daddy, that she's a BOY.

So all grandparents and aunties etc have been buying up baby boy clothes like there is no tomorrow so that he has something to wear and will not be emotionally scarred for life by wearing dresses!!grin)

So I think that there will be an influx of beautiful new little girly things on Ebay sometime very soon!!

Anyway, he is BEAUTIFUL!!!!, healthy and a little ray of sunshine. Now the really big decision has to be made as he currently has no name.

I'd better get back to my knitting as this is one very proud grandma now knitting for her grandson. xx

nanafrancis Fri 27-May-11 10:25:21

Congratulations all round! Delighted to hear all is well.

glassortwo Fri 27-May-11 10:27:31

Congratulation's on you new Grandson!!!

This happened to a friend of ours, nursery decorated pink, all the pink trappings, so I understand the panic, but it sorted itself out and I dont think it has scarred him grin

I suppose all the boys names had been abandoned with the scan results, I am so pleased he has arrived safe and sound.

Angelwispa Fri 27-May-11 10:40:35

Thank you both for your comments and congratulations. Luckily the nursery was painted in a very neutral creamy colour so Daddy hasn't got to repaint the nursery. Funnily enough they hadn't even chosen a little girls name either, so they really are starting from scratch to find a name, I'm just hoping that they don't follow the new trend for celebrity type names like Apple or 'prunejuice' :0) I'm sure they won't (slight panic in voice)!!!

Any sensible suggestions??

harrigran Fri 27-May-11 11:18:53

Congratulations Angelwispa on the birth of your Grandson, may he bring you endless happiness smile

glassortwo Fri 27-May-11 11:33:36

angel think I would lean toward's prunejuice!

elderflower1 Fri 27-May-11 11:37:01

Congratulations on the birth of your grandson. Being a grandma has been one of the most delightful and enjoyable experiences to date. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. As for names I am sure the proud parents will choose a name which will suit your grandson and one that he will grow into.

harrigran Fri 27-May-11 11:37:06

With a name like prunejuice he would be on the go all the time grin

pinkprincess Fri 27-May-11 11:43:42

Congratulations on your new grandson.You must be feeling very proud!
My last grandchild who turned out to be a girl, was very modest on the scan.She kept her legs crossed over her parts.The sonographer said she could not see anything hanging down so it was most likely to be a girl but could not confirm it.So the baby kept her parents guessing right up to her birth!

nanamo Fri 27-May-11 12:10:11

congratulations angelwispa, lol i turn my back for 2mins and it all happens. I am back now so it will go all quiet.smile

twizzle Fri 27-May-11 12:18:47

Wonderful news angelwispa

"Congratulations"

coastwallker Fri 27-May-11 13:20:57

What a shock that must have been. Mine arrived three hours ago (announced on the early morning thread) and we would have been running round if he had turned out to be a girl. Luckily Sam is all boy (his dad's comment when he phoned me was that he has all his bits!)

It hasn't quite sunk in yet but I guess I now qualify to be here

riclorian Fri 27-May-11 13:33:44

Many ,many congratulations, very pleased for you . Best wishes to you all . Welcome to the world little one !!

grandmaagain Fri 27-May-11 13:40:26

congratulations angel hope you enjoy being a grandma! our 2nd DG is predicted to be a boy (due end of july) with 2 DDS and 1 GD I shall be coming to you for advice on how to manage GS!

annette Fri 27-May-11 14:55:46

congratulations what a shock it must of been, i think maybe should go back to old times and wait till the birth, then no mistakes.

GillieB Fri 27-May-11 16:01:45

Angel - congratulations. I, too, told my daughter when she was pregnant that I hoped they weren't going to choose some obscure name like Apple (they didn't), but a few weeks later when I was musing about the arrival it suddenly occurred to me that if they did choose Apple, my poor little grandchild would probably be called Apple Turnover (their surname is Turner). grin

Congratulations, too, to Coastwalker!

Granieee Fri 27-May-11 18:45:30

Congratulations Angelwispa and to your lovely daughter, her husband and their new baby boy.
Also congratulations to Coastwalker and your family
Love and hugs to all

Heather Fri 27-May-11 19:40:19

oooooooh, congratulations to both new Grand-mothers. mmmmm, I can smell new born babies now (I wish!!!)

em Fri 27-May-11 20:36:36

More congrats to both new grans. My 2 year-old GS stayed over on Wednesday. In the evening we were sitting together looking out of my window. He turned and gave me a big hug, grinned and said 'Nice at gran's house' Wishing you lots of moments like that one!.

Notsogrand Fri 27-May-11 20:48:56

Wonderful news Angelwispa! Is your little one the first to be 'born' on gransnet? If so, coastwalker comes a very close second! Well done to you both. smile

Daisymay70 Fri 27-May-11 21:20:53

Congratulations, to you what a surpise for everyone wishing you lots of joy .

Rosannie Fri 27-May-11 22:19:52

Congratulations Angelwispa, you brought back memories of the joy of a first grandchild being born!
My first grandson is just celebrating his 4th birthday, the joy of his birth was repeated every year since then - we now have 4 grandsons -ages 4,3,2,1 !!
The big surprise was grandchild number 5 who is a Granddaughter!

I wish many happy returns of the joy you are feeling today!

Grumpyoldwoman Fri 27-May-11 23:06:08

Congratulations both new Grannies...isn't it the best feeling in the world.
All 4 of mine have been today (8,6,19mths & 4mths)..I adore them all.

My eldest, mum of 3 of them, is 28 weeks pregnant and has been told its a girl. I hope SHE doesn't turn out to be a boy for J's sake as she has been desperate for a baby girl since the still birth of her (full term) wee daughter in Oct. 2008. She had a baby boy 1 year and 1 day after she lost M and everyone adores him ..but she has such a longing for a baby girl.
Enjoy your babies, have lots of cuddles, help out in practical ways (I made their main meals for 2 weeks) and offer advice when it is asked for !!!!
I found my daughters needed lots of Mummy cuddles too !!!!!! xxxxx

nanny1 Sun 29-May-11 09:26:37

Congratulations :-)

You must be so excited!

bikergran Sun 29-May-11 09:56:19

congrats to all..."angelwispa" what a lovely tread to read on a Sunday morning and to start the day off..wow! what a surprise lol..[smile]