Gransnet forums

Chat

My daughter.........

(57 Posts)
jingl Fri 09-Dec-11 08:36:56

How should I phrase this? ([worried emoti])

Well. My daughter is now a very small tad within the distant sighting of the very peri menopause. (OK so far? (she won't read this))

And, she is beginning to realise, on the odd occasion (sneezing mostly), that she would have done better to listen to me with regard to exercising her pelvic floor. hmm [sniff]

So I have bought her some of these www.amazon.co.uk/Aquaflex-Pelvic-Floor-Exercise-System/dp/B003UES7A8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323419215&sr=8-1

It's alright to wrap 'em up and give them to her as a Christmas present, isn't it?

JessM Fri 09-Dec-11 18:21:15

Well here is a good place... My son wanted a pair of work shorts for xmas. Macho shorts with extra pockets and loops for your spanners.
I was sorely tempted by a work kilt. This kind of thing:
www.utilikilts.com/
I went to a show and a member of the technical crew, wearing one, climbed a ladder, right next to me. (Oooo, matron, I didn't know where to look!)
But I don't think that a/ he is yet quite that comfortable with his sexuality or b/ the Australian plumbing community is ready...
Mind you, it would be a huge success with some of his customers methinks...

jingl Fri 09-Dec-11 18:21:24

Ah, but you don't know DD gracesmum. wink

gracesmum Fri 09-Dec-11 18:25:13

So what is she likely to "surprise" you with jingl? Given that the pop-up George Clooney has my name on his gift tag - can you say gift tag on GN? gringrin

JessM Fri 09-Dec-11 18:41:20

Given the tone of this thread gracesmum the notion of a "pop up George Clooney" conjured up a very ungrandmotherlike image in my brain.
Is that what you meant?????!!!!! shock

gracesmum Fri 09-Dec-11 18:59:17

gringrinjessm - to the pure all things are pure!wink

glammanana Fri 09-Dec-11 19:03:20

Wishing my mum was as thoughtful as jingl then I would not be in the position I am now,peeing myself whilst I read this thread !!! wink

JessM Fri 09-Dec-11 19:22:55

grin

glassortwo Fri 09-Dec-11 19:49:21

jingle I am rolling on the floor after reading this thread, only you could buy something like this. grin

You have been very thoughtful in your choice of gift!!!

It all depends on the relationship you have with your DD but not on Christmas Day, but you could also wrap some Tena Ladies for use before it has done its job, then she wont be confused as to the reason for purchased them. grin grin

jingl Fri 09-Dec-11 21:36:00

Am I the only innocent little flower on this website?!!! shock

grin

Ariadne Fri 09-Dec-11 22:24:47

Well, so long as she doesn't tell you where to put your present.....grin

jogginggirl Fri 09-Dec-11 22:34:46

I've just come home from watching a very funny film................but this thread is definitely funnier.............oh ladies shockgrinshockgrin

jingl Fri 09-Dec-11 22:53:32

Well, it's certainly not my fault, jogging! [sniff]

I wonder who STARTED lowering the tone?!! hmm (product description indeed!)

grin

Grannylin Fri 09-Dec-11 23:16:03

Goodnight jingl,you are so funny.Dare we ask what little Christmas surprises you have for the men in your family!

jogginggirl Fri 09-Dec-11 23:38:39

Sorry jingl I was just giving your post the full attention it deserved - and you so kindly provided the link wink .........sleep tight ......whoops.....no pun intended........hmm goodnight.........

Oldgreymare Sat 10-Dec-11 00:01:22

What a lovely way to end the day, laughing so much I'm crying! Must calm down before bed.... Night all xx

harrigran Sat 10-Dec-11 00:24:35

I just knew, when I looked this morning, that this thread was going to last until bedtime. Now I am going to keep sniggering while I am supposed to be going to sleep.
jingl you don't half know how to make us laugh grin

JanEP Sat 10-Dec-11 00:43:57

Lovely idea but agree better not to give as a Christmas present

syberia Sat 10-Dec-11 06:44:37

gracesmum and I could start that off by telling you that my one and only gift from dear husband one year was a washing up bowl!! I DID speak to him again, but not for a long time!! grin

JessM Sat 10-Dec-11 08:47:28

Another strange Christmas present crossed my bows when DGD was still in the womb. Some of her friends and relatives so excited about this first grandchild they bought presents for her. Me, I think you have to make it through the birth canal before you get presents [shrug]. So a few soft toys etc turned up, but one friend of her mums sent her a pink bikini. I don't think it was only me that thought buying a bikini for a foetus was a tad strange...

syberia Sat 10-Dec-11 08:53:23

JessM what was that person thinking????????

Annobel Sat 10-Dec-11 08:57:16

JessM that's made me laugh all over again. grin

supernana Sat 10-Dec-11 12:10:22

JessM ...well, what do I say grin All looks a wee bit like an instrument of torture...what with weights an' all. I had to laugh...and realised that I may need to invest in the contraption. Maybe too late for the likes of me. Feel sure it would get stuck and I wouldn't be able to sit down thereafter!!! OR keep dropping down and clonking on the floor blush
jingle what to give a man who leaks a little when he sneezes/laughs/jumps up and down on the spot confused
syberia I'd have given Mr S a pair of Marigolds and left him with Xmas dishes hmm

supernana Sat 10-Dec-11 12:13:19

glamma...an awful lot of GN's appear to be peeing their pants...me included!

bagitha Sat 10-Dec-11 12:16:11

Well, I may be strange (don't youse dare! wink !). I love my washing up bowl. It is rather a posch one, made of rubber not plastic.

grin just noticed my spelling of posh. I think I'll leave it!

supernana Sat 10-Dec-11 12:23:38

bagitha only the best is good enough for you grin